We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and experienced DevOps Engineer for our London office. The ideal candidate is passionate about building teams, thrives on providing world class customer service and has strong technical abilities across the IT operations stack (hardware, networking, middleware, database and applications). Our ideal candidate has a software development background with a passion for operations, managing talent and driving to automate. Technical leadership and ability to handle high pressure situations is a must.
- Provide level one and level two support of trading system issues across the software, hardware, and network stacks to ensure that services are restored immediately
- Escalate issues to other teams as appropriate by providing detailed log analysis that bring others up to speed quickly on the problem without the need for them to conduct a level one / level two analysis themselves
- Communicate and troubleshoot outages alongside support, development, and upper management to help drive immediate workarounds and permanent resolutions
- Deployment of applications to production, UAT, and test environments using Chef
- Continuous improvement of system and application monitoring using Python, Ruby, and Bash scripts to allow more proactive detection of problems and issues
- Able to handle high-pressure multi-tasking environments within time constraints, SLAs, and delivery targets
- Create/enhance tools to make operational workflows more automated and less error-prone
- Identify risks and provide guidance around timing of changes and releases
- Provide staffing for occasional evening/weekend work
- 3+ years of experience in a derivatives trading operations or financial trading support environment
- Strong knowledge of Linux operating systems and system administration
- Experience with FIX/Exchange protocols
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services; experience with Chef and AWS is preferred
- Python/Perl/Shell or similar scripting experience required; working knowledge of a programming language such as C++ is a plus
- Possess excellent communication skills, customer focus, and ability to bridge communication gaps between trading and technology
- Possess a logical and inquisitive mindset with a desire to share knowledge acquired with others for the benefit of the whole
- Driven to take pride and ownership over your work product and results
- Places high value on improving process and procedures
- BS/BA or equivalent practical experience in related discipline
- High sense of integrity and honesty with the ability to take ownership of and learn from mistakes even if it means calling yourself to account
This listing has expired.
Trading Technologies (TT) is an equal opportunity employer. Equal employment has been, and continues to be a required practice at the Company. Trading Technologies’ practice of equal employment opportunity is to recruit, hire, train, promote and base all employment decisions on ability, rather than race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status. Additionally, TT participates in the E-Verify Program.