Linux Systems Architect
Website Trading Technologies
Futures Trading Platform
Trading Technologies team is looking for a Linux Systems Architect to join us. In this role, you will have dedicated focus on the Linux Operating Systems we run to deliver our platform. This large, distributed system, is built on various, modern technology stacks many of which are underpinned by Linux. We are looking for an Engineer who has experience in designing and delivering a Redhat Enterprise Linux at scale with particular focus on deployment engineering including work with distributed Redhat Satellite systems.
What You Will Be Doing
- Build, Automate and support critical infrastructure supporting applications, including analyzing workloads and debugging which are used across multiple teams.
- Advise peers and collaborate on security best practices for Linux implementation
- Run different automation pipelines in the large ecosystem, including provision, orchestration, and monitoring on Linux bare-metal and Linux Virtual Machines
- Evolve and modify the Analytics Platform based on requirements – Write code, tests, documentation, participate in code reviews
- Build and solve Linux production systems at scale across multi-datacenter deployments with heterogeneous hardware, focusing on RedHat supported technologies.
- Build automation tools and scripts using Bash, Python, etc.
- Design and support orchestration pipeline using Ansible and Chef.
- Fix and address issues with Linux and TCP/IP network stack components, including custom driver compile and integration with low-latency network devices.
- Design and support Linux systems (RedHat/CentOS etc) including automated OS installation, Linux certification, compile and validate various kernels, package management, OS lifecycle management, diagnostic, and performance troubleshooting/profiling.
- Serve as a mentor for an enthusiastic peer group of System Engineers
What You Bring to the Table
- Extensive expertise with Linux experience, systems, and networking concepts with a focus on RHEL and compatible systems like CentOS, etc. Experience with OpenShift and containers is a plus!
- Excellent experience with scripting languages like Python, and Bash
- Strong knowledge of GitOps, DevOps, CICD pipeline.
- Experience with alerting, monitoring and deployments
- Expertise in Linux systems and networking concepts
- Excellent communication, documentation and collaboration skills
- BS, MS, or PhD degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
What We Bring to the Table
- Competitive benefits, including: medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401(k) and pre-tax transit/parking
- Flexible work schedules – with some remote work
- 22 PTO (paid time off) days per year with the ability to roll over days into the following year, robust paid holiday schedule with early dismissal, generous parental leave (for all genders and staff, including adoptive parents) and backup child care as well as tutoring services
- Tech resources, including, a “rent-to-own” program where employees are eligible for a company-provided Mac/PC laptop and/or mobile phone of your choice; and a tech accessories budget for monitors, headphones, keyboards, office equipment, etc.
- Stipend and subsidy contributions toward personally-owned cell phones and laptops, gym memberships and health/wellness initiatives (including discounted healthcare premiums, healthy meal delivery programs or smoking cessation)
- Casual dress code and inspiring, motivating office environment
- Forward-thinking, culture-based organization with collaborative teams that promote diversity and inclusion through efforts such as TT Women in Tech and a committee dedicated to making TT a great place to work for everyone
- Office is conveniently located close to various public transportation
To apply for this job please visit tradingtechnologies.pinpointhq.com