Trading Technologies creates professional trading software, infrastructure and data solutions for a wide variety of users, including proprietary traders, brokers, money managers, CTAs, hedge funds, commercial hedgers and risk managers. In addition to providing access to the world’s major international exchanges and liquidity venues via its TT® trading platform, TT offers domain-specific technology for cryptocurrency trading and machine-learning tools for real-time trade surveillance.
We are currently seeking a self-motivated, creative and talented Principal Test Engineer who will thrive on exposing issues and improving the quality of our state of the art trading applications. The individual who serves this role will help oversee and lead the growing team of Test Engineers in our Pune and Ahmedabad offices as well become a hands-on contributor to our test efforts. Daily communication and coordination on Priorities and status with Individuals in our Chicago office will also be a big part of this role.
What Will You Be Involved With?
- Will be responsible for helping to train new hires and support our team of testers in both the Ahmedabad and Pune offices.
- Coordinate and plan testing efforts with the Management team in Chicago and India on a daily basis.
- Run regression tests via manual and automated (Python) scripts.
- Contribute new and edit existing automated tests to our suite of Regression tests.
- Pinpoint and clearly report software defects in JIRA including relevant steps to reproduce plus screenshots and logs. Will also be responsible for verifying the fixes for defects.
- Design, develop and execute test plans and test cases based on software requirements and technical design specs.
- Assist in reproducing, investigating and debugging software issues in coordination with the Development team.
- Recommend product improvements, usability enhancements or corrections in coordination with Product Management team.
- Collaborate with a team of testers to constantly improve and enhance each other’s skill sets and arsenal of test tools.
Qualifications & TT Culture
- What You Bring to the Table:
- A minimum of 5 years of Software Testing experience is required
- Strong knowledge of the financial industry and/or Trading Systems is required
- Knowledge of FIX Protocol is preferred
- Hands-on experience writing automation tests using Python is required
- Knowledge and previous experience with utilizing Selenium for Automated Testing is preferred
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process, JIRA and Jenkins is a plus
- Strong analytical skills and commitment to continuous testing improvement
- Must understand the testing and development life cycle methodologies
- What We Bring to the Table:
- Competitive benefits, including: private medical scheme, dental & vision insurance life insurance, and EPF
- Flexible work schedules, 21 paid annual leave days per year with the ability to roll over days into the following year, robust paid holiday schedule with early dismissal, generous parental leave (for all genders and staff, including adoptive parents)
- Tech resources, including: company-provided Mac or PC laptop, “rent-to-own” plans that deduct the buyout price of company-provided tech resources and a tech accessories budget for monitors, headphones, keyboards, etc.
- Subsidy contributions toward gym memberships and health/wellness initiatives (including weight-loss or smoking cessation)
- Casual dress code and inspiring, motivating office environment
- Forward-thinking, culture-based organization with collaborative teams that promote diversity and inclusion through efforts such as TT Women in Tech
- Internal culture committee dedicated to evolving company-wide camaraderie through onsite, offsite and international team-building events
Trading Technologies (TT) is an equal opportunity employer. Equal employment has been, and continues to be a required practice at the Company. Trading Technologies’ practice of equal employment opportunity is to recruit, hire, train, promote and base all employment decisions on ability, rather than race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status. Additionally, TT participates in the E-Verify Program for our US offices.