Senior Software Engineer (AxeChange)
Website Trading Technologies
Futures Trading Platform
Trading Technologies is seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer to work as part of a highly skilled and empowered cross-functional product development team. You should be motivated to understand the needs of our customers and work backward to create compelling and innovative solutions to their problems. You should thrive in a self-organizing and learning environment, where you and your team are striving to continuously improve.
What Will You Be Involved With?
- Write high-quality software, using TDD and Continuous Integration.
- Understand that creating tests first informs the design of your software and allows you to change it fearlessly (test interface not implementation)
- Practice and promote the importance of clean coding
- Be skilled in multiple high-level programming languages. You should be an expert in Java and modern web frameworks (e.g. React, Angular, Vue, Svelte), or have similar skills with a desire to learn. We value experience and curiosity in a diverse range of technologies.
- Deploy, run, and support the services you build in production. Be involved in the whole software development lifecycle, ensuring both development and operational excellence and embracing a culture of DevOps.
- Ensure that there is adequate out-of-hours cover from the team to meet our customer SLAs, but ensure quality is high so this is needed very rarely.
- Mentor, coach, sponsor, and provide feedback to your teammates and the wider company.
- Understand the importance of “team first” thinking and that your focus should be on ensuring the success of your team in fulfilling its mission.
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with other team members, doing what is necessary to solve customer problems together (working for each other). This might be pairing with a Product Owner to understand a particular persona and their jobs to be done, ensemble programming on a critical section of the code, or working with a support engineer on a knotty customer problem.
What You Bring to the Table
- Have good written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable talking directly to customers.
- Be able to give and receive feedback in a constructive manner
- Able to contribute to architectural discussions, can work with others at a whiteboard (physical or virtual) to discuss different architectures and their trade-offs. Can apply design-thinking and familiar with modern architectures patterns (e.g. micro-services, event-driven architectures, etc) and principles (e.g. SOLID).
- Experience with a range of programming languages and technologies.
- Ensure that you keep your technical knowledge up to date and proactively address any potential skill gaps
What We Bring to the Table
- Competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision,
- Flexible work schedules – with hybrid work – the expectation of 2 days on site
- 21 PTO (paid time off) days per year with the ability to roll over days into the following year, a robust paid holiday schedule with early dismissal, and generous parental leave (for all genders and staff, including adoptive parents)
- Tech resources, including, a “rent-to-own” program where employees are eligible for a company-provided Mac/PC laptop and/or mobile phone of their choice; and a tech accessories budget for monitors, headphones, keyboards, office equipment, etc.
- Subsidy contributions toward gym memberships and health/wellness initiatives (including discounted healthcare premiums, healthy meal delivery programs, or smoking cessation)
- Forward-thinking, a culture-based organization with collaborative teams that promote diversity and inclusion
To apply for this job please visit tradingtechnologies.pinpointhq.com