Senior Software Engineer – Deployment Team
Website Trading Technologies
Futures Trading Platform
What Will You Be Involved With?
- What you can expect during the initial training period (anticipated 3-6 months – the length of the training period might vary depending on the candidate).
- Work closely with the team to learn how our tools and processes facilitate development, testing and deployment of backend applications
- Gain understanding of our development process and begin bug fix and feature development
- Learn the operational responsibilities of our team, shadow team members during their on-call rotation and begin on-call rotation with a mentor
- Participate in recurring evaluations that will serve as checkpoints to ensure progress
What you can expect to be responsible for and continually own, after successful completion of the training period.
- Continue to support existing processes, tools and applications
- Develop and oversee rollout of new deployment features
- Continue to develop new deployment methodologies (e.g., containers and/or Kubernetes)
- Perform change execution and operational duties during on-call rotation (requires night/weekend work)
- Participate in design discussions and code reviews
What You Bring to the Table
- Development experience with AWS, Python, Automation Tools (e.g., Jenkins, Github Actions), deployment systems (e.g., Chef), Terraform, Kubernetes (Docker)
- Comfortable in a Linux environment
- Experience developing automation software component(s) that scale
- Test automation, monitoring, NFRs, build quality first
- Clean coding style with emphasis on readability
- Familiarity with Git is a plus
- Familiarity with TCP/IP and UDP protocol is a plus
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate to technical requirements
- Fluent spoken and written English, ability to communicate via whiteboard and produce architecture diagrams and documentation
What We Bring to the Table
- Competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision,
- Flexible work schedules – with hybrid work – the expectation of 2 days on site
- 21 PTO (paid time off) days per year with the ability to roll over days into the following year, a robust paid holiday schedule with early dismissal, and generous parental leave (for all genders and staff, including adoptive parents)
- Company provided top-of-the-line tech resources and a tech accessories budget for monitors, headphones, keyboards, and office equipment.
- Subsidy contributions toward gym memberships and health/wellness initiatives (including discounted healthcare premiums, healthy meal delivery programs, or smoking cessation)
- Forward-thinking, a culture-based organization with collaborative teams that promote diversity and inclusion
Trading Technologies is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) technology platform provider to the global capital markets industry. The company’s award-winning TT® platform connects to the world’s major international exchanges and liquidity venues in listed derivatives alongside a growing number of asset classes, including fixed income and cryptocurrencies. The TT platform delivers advanced tools for trade execution and order management, market data solutions, analytics, trade surveillance, risk management and infrastructure services to the world’s leading sell-side institutions, buy-side firms and exchanges. The company’s blue-chip client base includes the Tier 1 banks as well as brokers, money managers, hedge funds, proprietary traders, Commodity Trading Advisors (CTAs), commercial hedgers and risk managers. These firms rely on the TT ecosystem to manage their end-to-end trading operations. In addition, exchanges utilize TT’s technology to deliver innovative solutions to their market participants. TT also strategically partners with technology companies to make their complementary offerings available to Trading Technologies’ global client base through the TT ecosystem.
Trading Technologies (TT) is an equal opportunity employer. Equal employment has been, and continues to be a required practice at the Company. Trading Technologies’ practice of equal employment opportunity is to recruit, hire, train, promote and base all employment decisions on ability, rather than race, color, religion, national origin, sex/gender orientation, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status. Additionally, TT participates in the E-Verify Program for US offices.
To apply for this job please visit tradingtechnologies.pinpointhq.com