Senior Software Engineer (Performance)
We pioneer futures trading software, infrastructure and data solutions for the most discriminating capital markets professionals.
We are currently seeking a self-motivated, creative and talented Senior Software Engineer who will thrive on exposing issues and improving the quality of our state of the art trading applications. In this role, you will be constantly challenged to understand complex trading strategies, uncover software issues in our trading platform through a combination of testing, automation, and capacity planning that will help enhance our end user experience.
What you bring to the table
- 5+ years of development experience with Python
- Experience using Selenium or equivalent toolsets
- Experience using the Chrome performance API a plus
- Comfortable in a Linux environment
- Familiarity with C++ is a plus
- Familiarity with packet analysis tools such as Wireshark and understanding of TCP and UDP protocol is a plus
What you can expect during the initial training period (anticipated 3-6 months – the length of the training period might vary depending on the candidate).
- Work closely with the performance team to learn how our tools, automation and process are integrated into the SDLC
- Gain an understanding of the entire trading system
- Assist in reproducing, investigating and debugging performance issues in coordination with other development teams.
- Learn the entire trading system end to end. As a Senior Performance Engineer on the performance team you will work on the entire platform vs. a single component with an initial focus around front end performance.
- Gain understanding of our development process and begin bug fix and feature development of automation related tasks.
- Become more familiar with networking protocols if you are not already familiar with them as well as how to troubleshoot network related issues.
What you can expect to be responsible for and continually own, after successful completion of the training period.
- Continue to learn and grow your understanding of the entire TT Trading system and be able to do root cause analysis quicker for any type of issue
- Able to support production performance related tickets that come in and determine next steps in resolution if another team needs to get involved.
- Able to take guidance and create new features and functionality for the performance automation suite of tests.
- Participate in design discussions and code reviews
- Deeper understand of UDP, TCP and LBM network protocols
What we bring to the table.
- Competitive benefits, including: private medical scheme, dental & vision insurance life insurance, and EPF
- Flexible work schedules – with some remote work
- 21 paid annual leave days per year with the ability to roll over days into the following year, robust paid holiday schedule with early dismissal, generous parental leave (for all genders and staff, including adoptive parents)
- Tech resources, including: company-provided Mac or PC laptop, “rent-to-own” plans that deduct the buyout price of company-provided tech resources and a tech accessories budget for monitors, headphones, keyboards, etc.
- Subsidy contributions toward gym memberships and health/wellness initiatives (including weight-loss or smoking cessation)
- Casual dress code and inspiring, motivating office environment
- Forward-thinking, culture-based organization with collaborative teams that promote diversity and inclusion
- Internal culture committee dedicated to evolving company-wide camaraderie through onsite, offsite and international team-building events
Trading Technologies (TT) creates professional trading software, infrastructure and data solutions for a wide variety of users, including proprietary traders, brokers, money managers, CTAs, hedge funds, commercial hedgers and risk managers. In addition to providing access to the world’s major international exchanges and liquidity venues via its TT® trading platform, TT offers domain-specific technology for cryptocurrency trading and machine-learning tools for real-time trade surveillance.
Trading Technologies (TT) is an equal opportunity employer. Equal employment has been, and continues to be a required practice at the Company. Trading Technologies’ practice of equal employment opportunity is to recruit, hire, train, promote and base all employment decisions on ability, rather than race, color, religion, national origin, sex/gender orientation, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com