Trading Technologies creates professional trading software, infrastructure and data solutions for a wide variety of users, including proprietary traders, brokers, money managers, CTAs, hedge funds, commercial hedgers and risk managers. In addition to providing access to the world’s major international exchanges and liquidity venues via its TT® trading platform, TT offers domain-specific technology for cryptocurrency trading and machine-learning tools for real-time trade surveillance.
We are currently seeking a self-motivated, creative and talented Senior Test Engineer in our Tokyo, Japan office who will thrive on exposing issues and improving the quality of our state-of-the-art trading applications. Senior Test Engineers are constantly challenged to understand complex trading strategies, uncover software issues in our trading platform through testing and to provide feedback that can help enhance our end-user experience.
This unique opportunity will focus around testing our connectivity and integration with the Asia-Pacific exchanges that TT software supports. Candidates will be responsible for verifying price and market data, validating order management use cases and exchange-specific functionality using both manual and automated test cases.
What Will You Be Involved With?
- Design, develop and execute test plans and manual and automated test cases based on software requirements, exchange spec documentation and Jira tickets from the Development team
- Assist in reproducing, investigating and debugging software issues in coordination with the Product, Support and Development teams
- Collaborate with a team of testers to constantly improve and enhance each other’s skill sets and arsenal of test tools.
- Consistently adhere to tight deadlines and exchange-mandated timelines and dates for deliverables
Qualifications & TT Culture
- What You Bring to the Table:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with Python or a similar object oriented language is required
- 3-5 years of experience with scripting automated test cases is required
- Proficiency with business-level English language skills is required
- Conversational Japanese abilities are preferred
- Knowledge of the Asian Futures markets and/or general financial industry and trading systems is a strong plus
- Strong understanding of software development life-cycle and Test Engineering principles and processes
- Strong analytical skills
Trading Technologies (TT) is an equal opportunity employer. Equal employment has been, and continues to be a required practice at the Company. Trading Technologies’ practice of equal employment opportunity is to recruit, hire, train, promote and base all employment decisions on ability, rather than race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status. Additionally, TT participates in the E-Verify Program for our US offices.