Trading Technologies creates professional trading software, infrastructure and data solutions for a wide variety of users, including proprietary traders, brokers, money managers, CTAs, hedge funds, commercial hedgers and risk managers. In addition to providing access to the world’s major international exchanges and liquidity venues via its TT® trading platform, TT offers domain-specific technology for cryptocurrency trading and machine-learning tools for real-time trade surveillance.
We are currently seeking a self-motivated, creative and talented Test Engineer to join our FIX team within Test Engineering. An ideal candidate thrives on exposing issues and improving the quality of our state-of-the-art trading applications. Test Engineers are constantly challenged to understand complex trading strategies, uncover software issues in our trading platform through testing, provide feedback that can help enhance our end-user experience, and provide information about usability to stakeholders in the organization.
What Will You Be Involved With?
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test cases
- Estimate, prioritise, and plan testing activities
- Run manual and automated test cases with each new release candidate
- Analyse test results to confirm existing functionality and recommend corrective action in case of any issues
- Maintain documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software
- Setup and maintain testing environments
- Design and develop automated scripts on an as-needed basis
- Able to design and develop automated scripts is a plus
Qualifications & TT Culture
- What You Bring to the Table:
- Advanced FIX protocol knowledge with 2 years of minimum experience in the financial services industry is required
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Software Test Engineering is required
- Experience with Python and automating test cases is preferred
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands on experience with Linux/UNIX environment and command line
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process, JIRA and Jenkins is a plus
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- What We Bring to the Table:
- Competitive benefits, including: private medical scheme, dental & vision insurance life insurance, and EPF
- Flexible work schedules, 21 paid annual leave days per year with the ability to roll over days into the following year, robust paid holiday schedule with early dismissal, generous parental leave (for all genders and staff, including adoptive parents)
- Tech resources, including: company-provided Mac or PC laptop, “rent-to-own” plans that deduct the buyout price of company-provided tech resources and a tech accessories budget for monitors, headphones, keyboards, etc.
- Subsidy contributions toward gym memberships and health/wellness initiatives (including weight-loss or smoking cessation)
- Casual dress code and inspiring, motivating office environment
- Forward-thinking, culture-based organization with collaborative teams that promote diversity and inclusion through efforts such as TT Women in Tech
- Internal culture committee dedicated to evolving company-wide camaraderie through onsite, offsite and international team-building events
Trading Technologies (TT) is an equal opportunity employer. Equal employment has been, and continues to be a required practice at the Company. Trading Technologies’ practice of equal employment opportunity is to recruit, hire, train, promote and base all employment decisions on ability, rather than race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status. Additionally, TT participates in the E-Verify Program for our US offices.