Trading Technologies creates professional trading software, infrastructure and data solutions for a wide variety of users, including proprietary traders, brokers, money managers, CTAs, hedge funds, commercial hedgers and risk managers. In addition to providing access to the world’s major international exchanges and liquidity venues via its TT® trading platform, TT offers domain-specific technology for cryptocurrency trading and machine-learning tools for real-time trade surveillance.
We are seeking Site Reliability Engineers for our Chicago Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team who thrive on pushing the limits of technology to produce state-of-the-art solutions. Our SRE team is challenged with creating scalable solutions for monitoring live trading infrastructures, building command frameworks, and generating actionable alerts for our on call operations members.
WHAT WILL YOU BE INVOLVED WITH?
- Code, script and automate using Python
- Implement new product features, as well as enhance and maintain existing functionality by monitoring solutions and performance characteristics
- Create/enhance tools to make operational workflows more automated and less error-prone
- Provide troubleshooting and support for trading system issues across the software, hardware, and network stacks to ensure that services are restored immediately
- Participate in design discussions, review sessions and prototyping
- Ensure the scalability and quality of all code
- Assist with product documentation, unit testing, monitoring and ensuring overall product quality
- Work one on one with other application teams to ensure they can provide proper monitoring and tools before their application into moves into a live environment
QUALIFICATIONS & TT CULTURE
- What You Bring to the Table:
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Python
- Experience with Icinga2, Prometheus, or Splunk a plus
- Experience with AWS a plus
- Solid understanding of functional programming, object oriented programming and computer science foundations
- Good understanding of backend and server side components
- Proven and strong communication skills
- Must be self-directed, flexible and have the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working in an Agile environment a plus
- What We Bring to the Table:
- Competitive benefits, including: medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401(k) and pre-tax transit/parking
- Flexible work schedules, 22 PTO (paid time off) days per year with the ability to roll over days into the following year, robust paid holiday schedule with early dismissal, generous parental leave (for all genders and staff, including adoptive parents) and backup child care
- Tech resources, including: company-provided Mac or PC laptop and/or mobile phone of your choice, fitness tracker (including Fitbit or Apple watch), “rent-to-own” plans that deduct the buyout price of company-provided tech resources overtime; and a tech accessories budget for monitors, headphones, keyboards, etc.
- Stipends and subsidy contributions toward personally-owned cell phones and laptops, gym memberships and health/wellness initiatives (including weight-loss, smoking cessation or Fitbit steps)
- Complimentary breakfast, snacks, fruit and beverages
- Casual dress code and inspiring, motivating office environment
- Forward-thinking, culture-based organization with collaborative teams that promote diversity and inclusion through efforts such as TT Women in Tech
- Internal culture committee dedicated to evolving company-wide camaraderie through onsite, offsite and international team-building events
- Game room, meditation room, fitness classes and onsite bar (TT Tech Tap) providing complimentary beer and wine
- Office is conveniently located above Union Station and close to various public transportation