Trading Technologies creates professional trading software, infrastructure and data solutions for a wide variety of users, including proprietary traders, brokers, money managers, CTAs, hedge funds, commercial hedgers and risk managers. In addition to providing access to the world’s major international exchanges and liquidity venues via its TT® trading platform, TT offers domain-specific technology for cryptocurrency trading and machine-learning tools for real-time trade surveillance.
We are currently seeking a driven and talented Software Engineer to join our Risk Services team. Our Software Engineers thrive on pushing the limits of technology to produce state-of-the-art applications for TT’s platform, which is the front-end screen of choice for professional derivatives traders around the world. As a Software Engineer you will work on our award-winning trading platform which incorporates robust, high-performance tools for spread trading, strategy creation, algorithmic and automated trading, black-box execution, high-frequency proximity-based trading and more.
What Will You Be Involved With?
- Write code for backend services day to day in C++.
- Contribute to new C++ Order Management System (OMS) service features
- Maintain and support Scala Cassandra and Kafka integrated services
- Work closely with SRE team to ensure system stability across deployments
- Communicate technical problems to Global Support team where required
- Enhance relevant Python unit tests as features are added
- Participate in design discussions and review sessions
- Create high-level and detailed design documents
- Perform memory and resource management analysis
- Analyze stack traces, core dumps and production incident reports from traders and support teams
Qualifications & TT Culture
- What You Bring to the Table:
- A minimum 5 years of solid modern C++ development experience and the ability to understand, write, review and debug multithreaded code is required
- Experience with Scala/Java and functional programming is preferred
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases like Cassandra is desirable
- Knowledge of Kafka is desirable
- Prior experience with building pre/post trade risk systems and/or OMS is preferred
- Proven experience in multi-threaded applications with a focus on performance is required
- Experience with Linux operating systems is required
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements and working application code
- Familiarity with agile/iterative development methodologies
- Solid debugging and performance tuning skills
- What We Bring to the Table:
- Competitive benefits, including: private medical scheme, dental & vision insurance life insurance, and EPF
- Flexible work schedules, 21 paid annual leave days per year with the ability to roll over days into the following year, robust paid holiday schedule with early dismissal, generous parental leave (for all genders and staff, including adoptive parents)
- Tech resources, including: company-provided Mac or PC laptop, “rent-to-own” plans that deduct the buyout price of company-provided tech resources and a tech accessories budget for monitors, headphones, keyboards, etc.
- Subsidy contributions toward gym memberships and health/wellness initiatives (including weight-loss or smoking cessation)
- Casual dress code and inspiring, motivating office environment
- Forward-thinking, culture-based organization with collaborative teams that promote diversity and inclusion through efforts such as TT Women in Tech
- Internal culture committee dedicated to evolving company-wide camaraderie through onsite, offsite and international team-building events
Trading Technologies (TT) is an equal opportunity employer. Equal employment has been, and continues to be a required practice at the Company. Trading Technologies’ practice of equal employment opportunity is to recruit, hire, train, promote and base all employment decisions on ability, rather than race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status. Additionally, TT participates in the E-Verify Program for our US offices.