Trading Technologies creates professional trading software, infrastructure and data solutions for a wide variety of users, including proprietary traders, brokers, money managers, CTAs, hedge funds, commercial hedgers and risk managers. In addition to providing access to the world’s major international exchanges and liquidity venues via its TT® trading platform, TT offers domain-specific technology for cryptocurrency trading and machine-learning tools for real-time trade surveillance.
We are currently seeking a driven and talented Software Engineer to join our Data and Infrastructure Services team. Our Software Engineers thrive on pushing the limits of technology to produce state-of-the-art applications for TT’s platform, which is the front-end screen of choice for professional derivatives traders around the world. As a Software Engineer you will work on our award-winning trading platform which incorporates robust, high-performance tools for spread trading, strategy creation, algorithmic and automated trading, black-box execution, high-frequency proximity-based trading and more.
WHAT WILL YOU BE INVOLVED WITH?
- Design and implement software requirements and new product features
- Enhance and maintain existing functionality
- Participate in design discussions and review sessions
- Create high-level and detailed design documents
- Assist with product documentation, unit testing and ensuring overall product quality
- Support, maintain, and enhance existing and new product functionality for trading software in a real-time, multi-threaded, multi-tier server architecture environment to create high and low level design for concurrent high throughput, low latency software architecture
- Provide software development plans that meet future needs of clients and markets
- Evolve the new software platform and architecture by introducing new components and integrating them with existing ones
- Perform memory and resource management
- Analyze stack traces, core dumps and production incident reports from traders and support teams
- Propose fixes, enhancements to existing trading systems
- Adhere to release and sprint planning with the Quality Assurance Group and Project Management
- Attend and participate in daily scrum meetings
- Design, develop, program server-side software components.
QUALIFICATIONS & TT CULTURE
- What You Bring to the Table:
- A minimum of 4 years of direct software development experience is required
- At least 2 years of experience with SOLID design patterns and OOP understanding is required
- Proficiency with developing multi-threaded server side backend applications using either Python, Scala or Java is required
- Strong knowledge and understanding of server development and cloud technologies (AWS)
- Experience developing on large scale systems
- Experience with NoSQL database (Cassandra or DynamoDB or Similar technologies), Messaging and Streaming Platforms (Pulsar or Kafka or similar technologies)
- Solid debugging and performance tuning skills
- Experience developing web services using REST approach
- Familiarity with agile/iterative development methodologies
- Proven experience as a driven team player who will excel within a highly communicative and collaborative environment – this role necessitates the ability to effectively partner with team members and other company stakeholders through articulate verbal and written communication
- What We Bring to the Table:
- Competitive benefits, including: private medical scheme, dental & vision insurance life insurance, and EPF
- Flexible work schedules, 21 paid annual leave days per year with the ability to roll over days into the following year, robust paid holiday schedule with early dismissal, generous parental leave (for all genders and staff, including adoptive parents)
- Tech resources, including: company-provided Mac or PC laptop, “rent-to-own” plans that deduct the buyout price of company-provided tech resources and a tech accessories budget for monitors, headphones, keyboards, etc.
- Subsidy contributions toward gym memberships and health/wellness initiatives (including weight-loss or smoking cessation)
- Casual dress code and inspiring, motivating office environment
- Forward-thinking, culture-based organization with collaborative teams that promote diversity and inclusion through efforts such as TT Women in Tech
- Internal culture committee dedicated to evolving company-wide camaraderie through onsite, offsite and international team-building events
Trading Technologies (TT) is an equal opportunity employer. Equal employment has been, and continues to be a required practice at the Company. Trading Technologies’ practice of equal employment opportunity is to recruit, hire, train, promote and base all employment decisions on ability, rather than race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status. Additionally, TT participates in the E-Verify Program for our US offices.