Trading Technologies creates professional trading software, infrastructure and data solutions for a wide variety of users, including proprietary traders, brokers, money managers, CTAs, hedge funds, commercial hedgers and risk managers. In addition to providing access to the world’s major international exchanges and liquidity venues via its TT® trading platform, TT offers domain-specific technology for cryptocurrency trading and machine-learning tools for real-time trade surveillance.
We are currently seeking a driven and talented Software Engineer who thrives on pushing the limits of technology to produce state-of-the-art applications to join our Score team. TT Score is one of the leading surveillance and compliance tools on the market leveraging machine learning technologies to identify and flag illegal or inappropriate trading patterns.
WHAT WILL YOU BE INVOLVED WITH?
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code.
- Design and implement software requirements and new product features.
- Assist in production support and track down and fix customer issues and defects.
- Extend existing and develop new RESTful APIs to provide new functionality for the Score UI.
- Work in the AWS Cloud environment (S3, ElasticBeanstalk, DynamoDB, EC2, etc.).
- Help improve the performance, stability and reliability of the platform by testing and profiling.
- Enhance and maintain existing functionality.
- Participate in design discussions and code review sessions.
- Create high-level and detailed design documents.
- Attend and participate in daily scrum meetings as well as weekly planning meetings.
- Collaboration with sales and product managers as well as other teams for system integrations.
QUALIFICATIONS & TT CULTURE
- What You Bring to the Table:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience in a related field.
- 2 to 5 years of hands-on Java development experience.
- Hands-on experience with a scripting language, preferably Python.
- Good understanding of the application development and deployment lifecycle and methodologies.
- Strong software development skills using Core Java (streams, multithreading, logging, exception handling).
- Knowledge and experience of object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns, data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with unit testing and test driven development.
- Strong problem solving skills. Be able to answer questions about “how did we compute this number” by debugging & tracing through a data-processing pipeline.
- Experience with GIT or other source code management systems.
- Experience with agile development and SOLID principles.
- Experience in designing and developing applications for Java JEE platforms is a plus (service oriented architecture, web services/RESTful architectures, context and dependency injection).
- Knowledge and experience in functional programming.
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases.
- Experience working on cloud platforms (AWS / Azure / Google Cloud).
- Curiosity about financial markets.
- Any experience with PyData tools (pandas, numpy, matplotlib, scikit-learn, etc.).
- Any experience with statistics, machine learning, matrix math operations, applied math, etc.
- Any experience with the H2O machine learning software.
- What We Bring to the Table:
- Competitive benefits, including: medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401(k) and pre-tax transit/parking
- Flexible work schedules, 22 PTO (paid time off) days per year with the ability to roll over days into the following year, robust paid holiday schedule with early dismissal, generous parental leave (for all genders and staff, including adoptive parents) and backup child care
- Tech resources, including: company-provided Mac or PC laptop and/or mobile phone of your choice, “rent-to-own” plans that deduct the buyout price of company-provided tech resources overtime; and a tech accessories budget for monitors, headphones, keyboards, etc.
- Stipends and subsidy contributions toward personally-owned cell phones and laptops, gym memberships, and health/wellness initiatives (including weight-loss and smoking cessation)
- Casual dress code and inspiring, motivating office environment
- Forward-thinking, culture-based organization with collaborative teams that promote diversity and inclusion through efforts such as TT Women in Tech
- Internal culture committee dedicated to evolving company-wide camaraderie through onsite, offsite and international team-building events
Trading Technologies (TT) is an equal opportunity employer. Equal employment has been, and continues to be a required practice at the Company. Trading Technologies’ practice of equal employment opportunity is to recruit, hire, train, promote and base all employment decisions on ability, rather than race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status. Additionally, TT participates in the E-Verify Program for our US offices.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com