We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Software Engineer to join our Chicago Monitoring and Site-Reliability team. The ideal candidate will have strong software development skills with a passion for operations and drive to automate. The Engineer and the team will be writing tools to analyze metrics toward goal of capacity planning, performance and predicting bottlenecks on the platform. Technical knowledge across the IT operations stack (hardware, networking, middleware, database and applications) is a plus.
- Design and develop applications, tools and scripts. This will include implementing new applications/tools as well as enhancing and maintaining existing functionality and monitoring solutions.
- Continuous improvement of system and application monitoring and automation
- Frontline break/fix support for production trading application delivered via SaaS
- Action infrastructure, system and network alerts and remediate production issues
- Monitoring of infrastructure, systems and application availability, performance and capacity.
- 3+ years experience in software development or writing production quality code in a variety of programming languages (Python or C++)
- The team will also be working on customer facing products and experience writing and delivering production quality code is a plus.
- Technical leadership and ability to handle high pressure situations is a must as you will be called upon to troubleshoot and remediate production impacting incidents in real time
- Experience with Linux operating systems and system administration
- Outstanding problem solving, troubleshooting and decision making skills required
- Experience working with AWS infrastructures a plus
- Experience with DevOps practices plus
- Experience working in an Agile environment a plus
Trading Technologies (TT) is an equal opportunity employer. Equal employment has been, and continues to be a required practice at the Company. Trading Technologies’ practice of equal employment opportunity is to recruit, hire, train, promote and base all employment decisions on ability, rather than race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status. Additionally, TT participates in the E-Verify Program.