Software Engineer (Performance)
We pioneer futures trading software, infrastructure and data solutions for the most discriminating capital markets professionals.
We are currently seeking a self-motivated, creative and talented Software Engineer who will thrive on exposing issues and improving the quality of our state of the art trading applications. In this role, you will be constantly challenged to understand complex trading strategies, uncover software issues in our trading platform through a combination of testing, automation, and capacity planning that will help enhance our end user experience. New College graduates are encouraged to apply.
What you bring to the table.
- Development experience with Python
- Comfortable in a Linux environment
- Experience using Selenium or equivalent toolsets
- Experience using the Chrome performance API a plus
- Familiarity with C++ is a plus
- Familiarity with packet analysis tools such as Wireshark and understanding of TCP and UDP protocol is a plus
What you can expect during the initial training period (anticipated 3-6 months – the length of the training period might vary depending on the candidate).
- Work closely with the performance team to learn how our tools, automation and process are integrated into the SDLC
- Gain an understanding of the entire trading system
- Assist in reproducing, investigating and debugging performance issues in coordination with other development teams.
- Learn the entire trading system end to end. As a Performance engineer you will work on the entire platform vs. a single component with an initial focus around front end performance.
- Gain understanding of our development process and begin bug fix and feature development of performance related items
- Become more familiar with networking protocols if you are not already familiar with them as well as how to troubleshoot network related issues
What you can expect to be responsible for and continually own, after successful completion of the training period.
- Continue to learn and grow your understanding of the entire TT Trading system and be able to do root cause analysis quicker for any type of issue
- Able to support production performance related tickets that come in and determine next steps in resolution if another team needs to get involved.
- Able to take guidance and create new features and functionality for the performance automation suite of tests.
- Participate in design discussions and code reviews
- Deeper understand of UDP, TCP and LBM network protocols
What We Bring to the Table.
- Competitive benefits, including: medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401(k) and pre-tax transit/parking
- Flexible work schedules – with some remote work
- 22 PTO (paid time off) days per year with the ability to roll over days into the following year, robust paid holiday schedule with early dismissal, generous parental leave (for all genders and staff, including adoptive parents) and backup child care as well as tutoring services
- Tech resources, including, a “rent-to-own” program where employees are eligible for a company-provided Mac/PC laptop and/or mobile phone of your choice; and a tech accessories budget for monitors, headphones, keyboards, office equipment, etc.
- Stipend and subsidy contributions toward personally-owned cell phones and laptops, gym memberships and health/wellness initiatives (including discounted healthcare premiums, healthy meal delivery programs or smoking cessation)
- Casual dress code and inspiring, motivating office environment
- Forward-thinking, culture-based organization with collaborative teams that promote diversity and inclusion through efforts such as TT Women in Tech and a committee dedicated to making TT a great place to work for everyone
- Office is conveniently located above Union Station and close to various public transportation
Trading Technologies (TT) creates professional trading software, infrastructure and data solutions for a wide variety of users, including proprietary traders, brokers, money managers, CTAs, hedge funds, commercial hedgers and risk managers. In addition to providing access to the world’s major international exchanges and liquidity venues via its TT® trading platform, TT offers domain-specific technology for cryptocurrency trading and machine-learning tools for real-time trade surveillance.
Trading Technologies (TT) is an equal opportunity employer. Equal employment has been, and continues to be a required practice at the Company. Trading Technologies’ practice of equal employment opportunity is to recruit, hire, train, promote and base all employment decisions on ability, rather than race, color, religion, national origin, sex/gender orientation, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status. Additionally, TT participates in the E-Verify Program for US offices.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com