Trading Technologies creates professional trading software, infrastructure and data solutions for a wide variety of users, including proprietary traders, brokers, money managers, CTAs, hedge funds, commercial hedgers and risk managers. In addition to providing access to the world’s major international exchanges and liquidity venues via its TT® trading platform, TT offers domain-specific technology for cryptocurrency trading and machine-learning tools for real-time trade surveillance.
We are currently seeking a driven and inventive Systems Engineer to join our Systems Engineering team. The Systems Engineering team architects, implements and supports global hybrid compute and storage services for our development and production environments. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of infrastructure that supports our high performance trading platform and automating the delivery of existing and new infrastructure services. An ideal candidate is someone who has a passion for technology, automation and innovation; who brings a strong technical knowledge and experience of the entire infrastructure stack to bear in support of both standardized and in-house built applications.
What Will You Be Involved With?
- Support large scale Linux, Windows, SAN storage, and virtualization environments (e.g. Nutanix, VMware vSphere, KVM)
- Administer and improve efficiencies of a large scale Splunk implementation
- Manage and maintain a global AWS footprint
- Perform provisioning and automation enhancements via scripting (e.g., Bash and Python) and centralized management tools (e.g., Chef)
- Facilitate improvements to platform stability and site reliability by collaborating with and working closely alongside internal teams and stakeholders across the organization
- Troubleshoot enterprise-level hardware, including high performance overclock systems
- Assist deployment and software development teams in ensuring the seamless transition of software from development to production
- Participate in weekly on-call rotation for purposes of routine scheduled maintenance and deployments
Qualifications & TT Culture
- What You Bring to the Table:
- Team player who is comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment and possesses excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, and at least 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Operating systems management skills, with a proven background in Linux (RHEL/CentOS) administration. Windows exposure a plus
- Experience supporting virtualized environments on centralized storage, e.g., AWS services and infrastructure, Nutanix, VMware vSphere, KVM
- Proficiency with scripting languages, with an emphasis on Python and Bash; DevOps and Deployment a plus; PowerShell a plus but not required
- Experience with performance and hardware troubleshooting, including high-performance compute
- Background in networking concepts and routing protocols
- Ability to work on-call or weekends as necessary
- What We Bring to the Table:
- Competitive benefits, including: medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401(k) and pre-tax transit/parking
- Flexible work schedules, 22 PTO (paid time off) days per year with the ability to roll over days into the following year, robust paid holiday schedule with early dismissal, generous parental leave (for all genders and staff, including adoptive parents) and backup child care
- Tech resources, including: company-provided Mac or PC laptop and/or mobile phone of your choice, “rent-to-own” plans that deduct the buyout price of company-provided tech resources overtime; and a tech accessories budget for monitors, headphones, keyboards, etc.
- Stipends and subsidy contributions toward personally-owned cell phones and laptops, gym memberships, fitness trackers (including Fitbit or Apple watch), and health/wellness initiatives (including weight-loss and smoking cessation)
- Complimentary breakfast, snacks, fruit and beverages
- Casual dress code and inspiring, motivating office environment
- Forward-thinking, culture-based organization with collaborative teams that promote diversity and inclusion through efforts such as TT Women in Tech
- Internal culture committee dedicated to evolving company-wide camaraderie through onsite, offsite and international team-building events
- Game room, meditation room, fitness classes and onsite bar (TT Tech Tap) providing complimentary beer and wine
- Office is conveniently located above Union Station and close to various public transportation
Trading Technologies (TT) is an equal opportunity employer. Equal employment has been, and continues to be a required practice at the Company. Trading Technologies’ practice of equal employment opportunity is to recruit, hire, train, promote and base all employment decisions on ability, rather than race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status. Additionally, TT participates in the E-Verify Program for our US offices.