Website Trading Technologies
Futures Trading Platform
We are currently seeking a self-motivated, creative, highly organized Technical Writer to join our Marketing team in our Chicago office. In this role, you will translate complex technical concepts into end-user documentation that is easy to digest and follow. You are naturally curious and strive to develop a thorough understanding of the products you write about as well as the clients who use them. The ideal candidate will possess expert-level knowledge of rules pertaining to grammar, punctuation and style and pride themselves on attention to detail.
- Research, develop and write content for our customer-targeted, web-based Help Library.
- Review and revise previously created documentation to ensure accuracy as new versions of software are released.
- Work closely with product teams to become familiar with product technology, functionality and documentation audiences.
- Translate highly technical information into easily understandable content for a user base that may be non-technical.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of TT’s software applications and levels of user proficiency.
- Write training video scripts and work with the internal video production team to produce the videos.
- Create graphical images, flow charts and diagrams for inclusion in documentation.
- Follow documentation team standards, formats and procedures, and collaborate with the team to assess and modify them as needed.
- Have a deep understanding of TT’s agile product development lifecycle and anticipate project activities which will impact documentation.
What you will work on in the first 3-6 months:
- Review existing documentation and training materials to familiarize yourself with TT platform.
- Update existing help content for upcoming Trade and Setup (administrator) releases
- Author scripts for new training videos and additional training materials
- Work with Product Managers to assess documentation needs
- Monitor incoming tickets to determine potential documentation impact
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Progressive technical writing experience (at least three years of experience)
- Experience writing documentation or in-product help for a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) product
- Knowledgeable in authoring help content using the Docs as Code approach
- Some expertise with the following is highly desired:
- Understanding of and experience with CI/CD technologies and tools, especially Git, AWS, Jenkins and JIRA
- Experience with static site generators (Jekyll preferred)
- Experience with video capturing software and graphic tools, like Quicktime, Captivate, Camtasia and Snagit
- Practical experience with the Linux command line
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to quickly grasp new concepts
- A high comfort level working with and writing about technology products
- An interest in and aptitude for financial markets and trading
- Highly motivated, proactive, self-driven approach to problem solving
- Proven success at excelling in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment with adaptability to change
- Understands and adheres to established guidelines and processes
- Adaptable, with the ability to juggle multiple priorities, manage deadlines and easily transition from one project to another
- Experience working in financial services, specifically with futures trading and/or trading software, is a bonus.
- College degree preferred, but not required
- Competitive benefits, including: medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401(k) and pre-tax transit/parking
- Flexible work schedules – with some remote work
- 22 PTO (paid time off) days per year with the ability to roll over days into the following year, robust paid holiday schedule with early dismissal, generous parental leave (for all genders and staff, including adoptive parents) and backup child care as well as tutoring services
- Tech resources, including, a “rent-to-own” program where employees are eligible for a company-provided Mac/PC laptop and/or mobile phone of your choice; and a tech accessories budget for monitors, headphones, keyboards, office equipment, etc.
- Stipend and subsidy contributions toward personally-owned cell phones and laptops, gym memberships and health/wellness initiatives (including discounted healthcare premiums, healthy meal delivery programs or smoking cessation)
- Casual dress code and inspiring, motivating office environment
- Forward-thinking, culture-based organization with collaborative teams that promote diversity and inclusion through efforts such as TT Women in Tech and a committee dedicated to making TT a great place to work for everyone
Trading Technologies (TT) creates professional trading software, infrastructure and data solutions for a wide variety of users, including proprietary traders, brokers, money managers, CTAs, hedge funds, commercial hedgers and risk managers. In addition to providing access to the world’s major international exchanges and liquidity venues via its TT® trading platform, TT offers domain-specific technology for cryptocurrency trading and machine-learning tools for real-time trade surveillance.
Trading Technologies (TT) is an equal opportunity employer. Equal employment has been, and continues to be a required practice at the Company. Trading Technologies’ practice of equal employment opportunity is to recruit, hire, train, promote and base all employment decisions on ability, rather than race, color, religion, national origin, sex/gender orientation, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status. Additionally, TT participates in the E-Verify Program for US offices.
To apply for this job please visit tradingtechnologies.pinpointhq.com