Website Trading Technologies
Futures Trading Platform
We are currently seeking a self-motivated, creative and talented Software Test Engineer for our Test Engineering team. An ideal candidate thrives on exposing issues and improving the quality of our state-of-the-art trading applications. Test Engineers are constantly challenged to understand complex trading strategies, uncover software issues in our trading platform through testing, provide feedback that can help enhance our end-user experience, and provide information about usability to stakeholders in the organization.
What Will You Be Involved With?
- Designs, develops and carries out manual test cases based on software requirements and technical understanding of product architecture, exchange spec documentation and Jira tickets from the Development team
- Run and debug automated test cases as part of the Regression test cycle
- Responsible for testing order and price feeds, and validating the communication and functionality between the TT platform and the various Exchanges that TT supports worldwide
- Assists in reproducing, investigating and debugging software issues in close coordination with the Development team
- Recommend product improvements, usability corrections or enhancements in coordination with the Product Management team
- Collaborate with a team of testers to constantly improve and enhance each other’s skill sets and arsenal of test tools
- Consistently adhere to tight deadlines and exchange mandated timelines and dates for deliverables
- Work to improve the quality of high-performance, software testing for enterprise trading
- Uncover software issues in a trading platform through testing and provide feedback to enhance the end user experience.
- Use FIX protocols to understand send and receive messages across servers for debugging purposes.
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Information Technology
- 2+ years experience with running automated test cases
- Experience working in financial industry, Futures trading systems or TT software
- Knowledge of complex trading strategies and / or algorithmic trading a plus
- Experience testing web applications and using Linux preferred
- Experience working with cloud services preferred
- Experience with Python or a similar object oriented language
- Strong understanding of software development life-cycle and test engineering principles and processes
- Strong analytical skills and commitment to continuous testing improvement
What We Bring to the Table
- Competitive benefits, including: medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401(k) and pre-tax transit/parking
- Flexible work schedules – with some remote work
- 22 PTO (paid time off) days per year with the ability to roll over days into the following year, robust paid holiday schedule with early dismissal, generous parental leave (for all genders and staff, including adoptive parents) and backup child care as well as tutoring services
- Tech resources, including, a “rent-to-own” program where employees are eligible for a company-provided Mac/PC laptop and/or mobile phone of your choice; and a tech accessories budget for monitors, headphones, keyboards, office equipment, etc.
- Stipend and subsidy contributions toward personally-owned cell phones and laptops, gym memberships and health/wellness initiatives (including discounted healthcare premiums, healthy meal delivery programs or smoking cessation)
- Casual dress code and inspiring, motivating office environment
- Forward-thinking, culture-based organization with collaborative teams that promote diversity and inclusion through efforts such as TT Women in Tech and a committee dedicated to making TT a great place to work for everyone
- Office is conveniently located close to various public transportation
To apply for this job please visit tradingtechnologies.pinpointhq.com