Test Engineer – Chaos Engineering
Website Trading Technologies
Futures Trading Platform
We are currently seeking an experienced Test Engineer who will be focused on Chaos testing to join our Chaos Engineering team. The ideal candidate will have prior experience testing and supporting a cloud-based system similar to TT’s Trading Platform. This role will focus on end-to-end functionality testing, networking testing, and troubleshooting issues through multiple components. Responsibilities for the role will include executing and analyzing chaos testing scenarios to assess their impact on overall system health. The main goal is being able to identify weaknesses in the system to help mitigate or eliminate them from being able to impact system stability as a whole. You will work closely with both our development and performance teams when reporting issues and obtaining resolutions
What Will You Be Involved With?
- Execute targeted Chaos type failures which may include causing an outage in a specific service or component and ensuring recovery works as designed or that we know how best to mitigate the impact of any major chaos scenarios.
- Extensive debugging and root cause analysis for failures with a heavy emphasis on both application and network analytics
- Execute load scenarios to recreate real world like conditions using tools and working on small scripts and automation.
- Testing site reliability engineering playbooks for any rollback or outage mitigation
- Come up with new Chaos testing scenarios to implement
- Execute CLI and/or T3 (triage) commands as needed to mitigate any issues that may come up as part of chaos testing
What You Bring to the Table
- A required minimum of 5 years of experience providing troubleshooting, testing, and support for a complex system
- At least 2 years of Linux OS experience is required
- Solid understanding of backend and server-side components and Linux OS commands
- Proven experience with software/hardware crashes, messaging protocols, and packet capture tools
- Advanced knowledge of disaster recovery concepts, tools, and testing techniques
- Python experience is a plus
- AWS experience is required. AWS Fault Injection Simulator (FIS) experience is a plus
- Experience with testing or supporting Trading Platforms is a plus
What We Bring to the Table
- Competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision,
- Flexible work schedules – with hybrid work – the expectation of 2 days on site
- 21 PTO (paid time off) days per year with the ability to roll over days into the following year, a robust paid holiday schedule with early dismissal, and generous parental leave (for all genders and staff, including adoptive parents)
- Company provided top-of-the-line tech resources and a tech accessories budget for monitors, headphones, keyboards, office equipment, etc.
- Subsidy contributions toward gym memberships and health/wellness initiatives (including discounted healthcare premiums, healthy meal delivery programs, or smoking cessation)
- Forward-thinking, a culture-based organization with collaborative teams that promote diversity and inclusion
Trading Technologies is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) technology platform provider to the global capital markets industry. The company’s award-winning TT® platform connects to the world’s major international exchanges and liquidity venues in listed derivatives alongside a growing number of asset classes, including fixed income and cryptocurrencies. The TT platform delivers advanced tools for trade execution and order management, market data solutions, analytics, trade surveillance, risk management and infrastructure services to the world’s leading sell-side institutions, buy-side firms and exchanges. The company’s blue-chip client base includes the Tier 1 banks as well as brokers, money managers, hedge funds, proprietary traders, Commodity Trading Advisors (CTAs), commercial hedgers and risk managers. These firms rely on the TT ecosystem to manage their end-to-end trading operations. In addition, exchanges utilize TT’s technology to deliver innovative solutions to their market participants. TT also strategically partners with technology companies to make their complementary offerings available to Trading Technologies’ global client base through the TT ecosystem.
Trading Technologies (TT) is an equal opportunity employer. Equal employment has been, and continues to be a required practice at the Company. Trading Technologies’ practice of equal employment opportunity is to recruit, hire, train, promote and base all employment decisions on ability, rather than race, color, religion, national origin, sex/gender orientation, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status. Additionally, TT participates in the E-Verify Program for US offices
To apply for this job please visit tradingtechnologies.pinpointhq.com