Trading Technologies creates professional trading software, infrastructure and data solutions for a wide variety of users, including proprietary traders, brokers, money managers, CTAs, hedge funds, commercial hedgers and risk managers. In addition to providing access to the world’s major international exchanges and liquidity venues via its TT® trading platform, TT offers domain-specific technology for cryptocurrency trading and machine-learning tools for real-time trade surveillance.
We are currently seeking an experienced Test Engineer – Disaster Recovery to join our Test Engineering team. The ideal candidate will have prior experience testing and supporting a cloud-based system similar to TT’s Trading Platform. This role will focus on end-to-end functionality testing, networking testing, and troubleshooting issues through multiple components. Responsibilities for the role will include running disaster recovery and system level tests in order to uncover and accurately report issues to our development team for resolution.
What Will You Be Involved With?
- Failover and disaster recovery testing of various apps to ensure that the system operates as expected and to full capacity or optimization
- Debugging and root cause analysis for failures
- Testing site reliability engineering playbooks for any rollback or outage mitigation
- Through regression testing, ensuring that new software versions are backwards-compatible and no new issues have been introduced
- Performing manual regression testing of CLI and T3 commands, and collaborate with Automation Test Engineers to automate these cases
- Testing mock mode for various exchange connectivity and functionality requests
Qualifications & TT Culture
- What You Bring to the Table:
- A required minimum of 5 years of experience providing troubleshooting, testing and support for a complex system
- At least 2 years of Linux OS experience is required
- Solid understanding of backend and server side components and Linux OS commands
- Proven experience with software/hardware crashes, messaging protocols and packet capture tools
- Advanced knowledge of disaster recovery concepts, tools and testing techniques
- Python experience is a plus
- AWS experience is a plus
- Experience with testing or supporting Trading Platforms is a plus
- What We Bring to the Table:
- Competitive benefits, including: private medical scheme, dental & vision insurance life insurance, and EPF
- Flexible work schedules, 21 paid annual leave days per year with the ability to roll over days into the following year, robust paid holiday schedule with early dismissal, generous parental leave (for all genders and staff, including adoptive parents)
- Tech resources, including: company-provided Mac or PC laptop, “rent-to-own” plans that deduct the buyout price of company-provided tech resources and a tech accessories budget for monitors, headphones, keyboards, etc.
- Subsidy contributions toward gym memberships and health/wellness initiatives (including weight-loss or smoking cessation)
- Casual dress code and inspiring, motivating office environment
- Forward-thinking, culture-based organization with collaborative teams that promote diversity and inclusion through efforts such as TT Women in Tech
- Internal culture committee dedicated to evolving company-wide camaraderie through onsite, offsite and international team-building events
Trading Technologies (TT) is an equal opportunity employer. Equal employment has been, and continues to be a required practice at the Company. Trading Technologies’ practice of equal employment opportunity is to recruit, hire, train, promote and base all employment decisions on ability, rather than race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status. Additionally, TT participates in the E-Verify Program for our US offices.