Trading Technologies creates professional trading software, infrastructure and data solutions for a wide variety of users, including proprietary traders, brokers, money managers, CTAs, hedge funds, commercial hedgers and risk managers. In addition to providing access to the world’s major international exchanges and liquidity venues via its TT® trading platform, TT offers domain-specific technology for cryptocurrency trading and machine-learning tools for real-time trade surveillance.
We are currently seeking a self-motivated, creative and talented Software Test Engineer for our Test Engineering team. An ideal candidate thrives on exposing issues and improving the quality of our state-of-the-art trading applications. Test Engineers are constantly challenged to understand complex trading strategies, uncover software issues in our trading platform through testing, provide feedback that can help enhance our end-user experience, and provide information about usability to stakeholders in the organization.
What Will You Be Involved With?
- Designs, develops and carries out manual test cases based on software requirements and technical understanding of product architecture, exchange spec documentation and Jira tickets from the Development team
- Run and debug automated test cases as part of the Regression test cycle
- Responsible for testing order and price feeds, and validating the communication and functionality between the TT platform and the various Exchanges that TT supports worldwide
- Assists in reproducing, investigating and debugging software issues in close coordination with the Development team
- Recommend product improvements, usability corrections or enhancements in coordination with the Product Management team
- Collaborate with a team of testers to constantly improve and enhance each other’s skill sets and arsenal of test tools
- Consistently adhere to tight deadlines and exchange mandated timelines and dates for deliverables
- Work to improve the quality of high-performance, software testing for enterprise trading applications.
- Uncover software issues in a trading platform through testing and provide feedback to enhance the end user experience.
- Use FIX protocols to understand send and receive messages across servers for debugging purposes.
Qualifications & TT Culture
- What You Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Information Technology
- 2+ years experience with running automated test cases
- Experience working in financial industry, Futures trading systems or TT software
- Knowledge of complex trading strategies and / or algorithmic trading a plus
- Experience testing web applications and using Linux preferred
- Experience working with cloud services preferred
- Experience with Python or a similar object oriented language
- Strong understanding of software development life-cycle and test engineering principles and processes
- Strong analytical skills and commitment to continuous testing improvement
- What We Bring to the Table:
- Competitive benefits, including: private medical scheme, dental & vision insurance life insurance, and EPF
- Flexible work schedules, 21 paid annual leave days per year with the ability to roll over days into the following year, robust paid holiday schedule with early dismissal, generous parental leave (for all genders and staff, including adoptive parents)
- Tech resources, including: company-provided Mac or PC laptop, “rent-to-own” plans that deduct the buyout price of company-provided tech resources and a tech accessories budget for monitors, headphones, keyboards, etc.
- Subsidy contributions toward gym memberships and health/wellness initiatives (including weight-loss or smoking cessation)
- Casual dress code and inspiring, motivating office environment
- Forward-thinking, culture-based organization with collaborative teams that promote diversity and inclusion through efforts such as TT Women in Tech
- Internal culture committee dedicated to evolving company-wide camaraderie through onsite, offsite and international team-building events
Trading Technologies (TT) is an equal opportunity employer. Equal employment has been, and continues to be a required practice at the Company. Trading Technologies’ practice of equal employment opportunity is to recruit, hire, train, promote and base all employment decisions on ability, rather than race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status. Additionally, TT participates in the E-Verify Program for our US offices.