LME Premium Aluminium and Steel Contracts – November 23rd
On Monday, November 23rd, LME will launch Premium Aluminum and Steel contracts. Additional detail on these contracts may be found here.
In order, to trade these products, customers must apply an updated pMerge file on all LME Gateways.
To apply the pMerge file, complete the following steps:
- Copy the attached LME.pmg file to <drive letter>:\tt\config (LME.pmg can be found here).
- Stop GuardServer.
- Navigate to <drive letter>:\tt\bin.
- Double-click pMerge.exe. The Enter Exchange Name window appears.
- Specify the exchange name and flavor and click OK. The Open Guardian product table merge file window appears.
- Navigate to <drive letter>:\tt\config and select the LME.pmg file.
- Note: pMerge will update the existing Guardian Product Table with the correct values. After pMerge completes its tasks, the pMerge status bar displays Finished.
- Close the pMerge status bar.
- Repeat steps 3-8
- Start GuardServer
- Restart Price Server
Note: The above-listed steps need to be repeated for each LME Gateway.
After pMerge runs, verify that the Guardian Product Table contains the following values:
|Exchange||Contract||Product Code||Point Value|
|LME Aluminium Premium Contracts||S Midwest||AN||25|
|LME Aluminium Premium Contracts||West Europe||AW||25|
|LME Aluminium Premium Contracts||East Asia||AE||25|
|LME Aluminium Premium Contracts||South-East Asia||AS||25|
|LME Steel Scrap and LME Steel Rebar||LME Steel Scrap||SC||10|
|LME Steel Scrap and LME Steel Rebar||LME Steel Rebar||SR||10|