All Gateways Documentation
- General Gateway Architecture
- Installation And Initial Setup
- Tools And Utilities
- Automating And Scheduling Processes
- Aconfig And System Architecture
- Configuring Miscellaneous System Behavior
- Product Tables
Configuring Server Component Behavior
- Server Component Logging
- Configuring the Order Server
- Order and Fill Server Architecture
- Performance Measurements
- Enabling the Enhanced Order/Fill Delivery
- Troubleshooting and Recovery
- Enhanced Order/Fill Delivery Enhancement: FAQ
- Account-Based Risk
- Operator ID
- Using the Operator ID Assistant
- Using the Eurex Password Assistant
- Avoid Orders That Cross
- Order Passing Support
- Expired Order Status Identification
- Configuring the Price Server
- Price Server: Architecture
- Market Data Users
- Market Data FAQ
- Price Server: FAQs
- Fill Server: Overview
- Fill Server Rollover
- Fill Server: Start of Day Records
- Modifying Fills
- Fill Server: Troubleshooting
- Configuring the Fill Server
- Configuring the Key Server
- Configuring GAL Settings
- TT Logging
- Disaster Recovery
- TT Order Keys
- System Files
Exploring Your Environment
If you have not yet done so, before addressing any security-related issues on a system, you must identify what needs to be protected. Consider the following questions:
- What are you trying to protect?
- What valuable asset might be lost (for example, equipment, data, or the ability to conduct business)?
- From whom are you protecting it?
- What cost are you willing to spend?
- How hard are hackers willing to work to get into your system?
If you can answer these questions, you go a long way toward identifying and solving potential security problems.
This chapter does not discuss standard network security. Instead, it focuses on security and how it relates to TT and trading while using TT products.
To better prevent damage or theft of hardware, software, and/or files:
- Situate your TT Gateway servers in a secure building or room with limited access
- Limit network access to your TT servers
- According to your company's established security policies, restrict the distribution of Windows and TT login information for the TT Gateway