- What’s New In Autospreader
- Manager Dialog Box
- Configuration Dialog Box
- MD Trader Overview
- The Hedge Manager Window
- The Working Orders Pane Field Descriptions
- The Rules Pane Field Descriptions
- Hedge Manager Context Menus
- Hedge Rule Builder Overview
- Launching Hedge Rule Builder
- The Hedge Rule Builder Window
- Do Not Hedge Rule
- Formula Building Blocks
- Creating and Editing Rules
- Working with the Rules Library
- Activating and Deactivating Hedge Rules
- Understanding Pre and Post Hedge Rules
- Creating Spreads
- Creating a Spread using the Market Grid
- Creating a Spread using Drag-and-Drop
- Adding Legs to an Existing Spread
- Deleting Legs from an Existing Spread
- Opening an Existing Spread
- Replacing an Expired Contract
- Activating a Custom Pricing Model
- Protecting your Spreads
- Understanding Quoting Mode Options
- Specifying a Minimum Hedge Quantity
- Trading Spreads
- Pre-Trade Risk-Checking
- Trading on an Autospreader Strategy Engine
- Trading in the Market Grid
- Changing Customers
- Overriding the Tick Size
- Freezing Autospreader Orders
- Using Reload Orders
- Using Sniper Orders
- Using Queue Holder
- UsingPayup Ticks
- Using Dynamic Payup Ticks
- Using Do Not Hedge
- Inside Smart Quote
- Using Smart Quote Limit
- Using Basic Slop
- Using Advanced Slop
- Trading Yield Spreads
Using Advanced Slop
Advanced Slop lets you create an unlimited number of adjustable ranges and set an inside and outside Slop level for each range in each leg of the spread. This lets you define a more specific setting based on the price movements and characteristics of each individual spread.
For example, when you are working close to the inside market, you can set your Advanced Slop to reprice your outright leg with each price update. Likewise, when working away from the inside market, you can set Advanced Slop to reprice your outright leg less frequently.
Note: The Adjustable Range field in column 1 uses the current inside market of the spread and cannot be edited. In subsequent columns, the Adjustable Range lets you define ranges in the spread where more Slop settings take effect. To define a spread range, use spread prices to set the number of price levels away from the best Bid or Offer.
To use Advanced Slop
- Create a spread or launch an existing spread.
- In the Autospreader Configuration dialog
box, expand Messaging Controls and click the Advanced
- Click the Settings drop-down icon.
The Adj. Range field indicates the spread price at which the Slop settings take effect. Column 1 uses the current inside market of the spread and cannot be edited.
Each leg has its own individual Advanced Slop settings. Rather than setting Slop for the entire spread, as you do with Basic Slop, you can set unlimited Slop ranges for one or all of the legs in your spread.
- Set the Inside and Outside Slop under column 1.
- Click Add Level.
- In the Adj. Range field, type the spread price at which the next Slop settings take effect.
- Set the Inside and Outside Slop under column 2.
- Repeat steps 5-7 as needed.
- Click OK when you have set all advanced slop levels.
- Repeat steps 3-9 for each leg in which you want to define Slop.