- Managing Autotrader
- Autotrader Windows
- Profile Setup
- Position Management
Saving Excel Spreadsheets in a Workspace
When linking Excel spreadsheets to Autotrader, you can save the Excel spreadsheet and all of its stored information within your workspace. When saved in the proper order, opening a workspace also opens the Excel spreadsheet.
You must have the X_TRADER module that hosts the link (i.e. Autotrader) and the Excel spreadsheet (or appropriate OLE compatible program) open to perform this action.
Tip: To automatically open Excel with a saved workspace, create links from Autotrader to Excel. If you only have links from Market Grid to Excel, the links save but do not automatically open Excel with a workspace.
To save Excel spreadsheets into your workspace:
Tip: If you opened a new Excel worksheet, save and rename the worksheet before you begin linking cells. X_TRADER uses the worksheet name to associate the link.
- After Linking Excel Spreadsheets, save your workspace.
- When you shutdown for the day, close X_TRADER first and click Yes if you are prompted to save changes.
- Close the Excel application and click No if you are prompted to save changes.
- When you next open X_TRADER,
log onto the same exchange, and then open a workspace.
The Excel spreadsheet with all the associated links and working formulas automatically opens on your desktop.
- If you are prompted to update links, click Yes.
You successfully saved Excel spreadsheets into your workspace.