BrokerTec Gateway Documentation
- BrokerTec Gateway And The Exchange
- Installing And Upgrading
- Configuring Global Settings
- Configuring Market Data
- Configuring Order Management
- Configuration Parameters
- Disaster Recovery
Section: [MEMBER_<text>] 7.17 or higher
Example [MEMBER_<text>] section parameters
For BrokerTec Gateway 7.17 or higher, this section replaces the [Global] section and is used to configure the multi-member functionality.
BrokerTec implements a naming convention utilizing a root name in the [MEMBER_<text>] section to derive the BrokerTec user names. BrokerTec assigns all the users a common root (e.g., Root1) and ensures that all these users share the same password, target IP address, and port. The BrokerTec Gateway can then generate the user names of all the users given the Root Name and the number of TTOs assigned to the Gateway.
The following table lists this section’s parameters and their descriptions.
Sets the section title for the order session. The <text> field can be configured as any user-defined member identifier (e.g., [MEMBER_CUST1].
Sets the TT member value used for routing orders through the TT system. The Member= value is user-defined and must equal the Member portion of the direct traders’ Member-Group-Trader (MGT) IDs that are routing orders through this synthetic membership.
BrokerTec distributes this value and refers to it as the root name. This root name is used to create the BrokerTec user names.
BrokerTec distributes this value and refers to it as the User Password.
BrokerTec distributes this value and it identifies the primary IP address that the Gateway uses to connect with the Exchange for order routing.
BrokerTec distributes this value and it identifies the primary port that the Gateway uses to connect with the Exchange for order routing.
Identifies the secondary IP address that the Gateway uses to connect with the Exchange for order routing. If a secondary IP address is not provided by the exchange, comment-out this parameter.
Identifies the secondary port that the Gateway uses to connect with the Exchange for order routing. If a secondary IP address is not provided by the exchange, comment-out this parameter.
The number of TTOs assigned to the BrokerTec Gateway; eight is recommended.
Sets the level of detail that the BrokerTec Gateway provides to its log files. This parameter has three available settings and are listed from the least detailed to the most:
By default, this parameter is hidden and BrokerTec Gateways install with logging level set to Normal.
The following lists shows the parameters removed in 7.17 and describes the default gateway behavior.
- ResubmitOnSessionDown=1 When removed, the gateway behaves as if orders inactivated by the exchange due to a session loss will be on hold.
- ResubmitOnStartup=1 - When removed, the gateway behaves as if orders inactivated by the exchange will be left on hold during initialization.
- ForceAutoAggress=1 - By default, the gateway sets as passive or aggressive based on how the order was placed by the client trading application.
- PollingInterval - Functionality is removed from the gateway.
- HeartbeatInterval - By default, the gateway behaves as if set to 8 seconds. This parameter does not need to be configured.