BrokerTec Gateway Documentation
- BrokerTec Gateway And The Exchange
- Installing And Upgrading
- Configuring Global Settings
- Configuring Market Data
- Configuring Order Management
- Configuration Parameters
- Disaster Recovery
Connection Failure and Recovery
System failure can occur at various points within the trading environment. These points include the BrokerTec Gateway and the Exchange host. This chapter’s discussion is restricted to total software and/or hardware failure and available options for disaster recovery.
The BrokerTec Gateway handles a disconnect with BrokerTec in the following manners:
- If the Order Server disconnects from BrokerTec, all TTOs fail and lose their connections. BrokerTec puts all orders submitted through the TT Gateway on hold. TTChron restarts the Order Server, and each TTO attempts to reconnect.
- If a TTO disconnects from BrokerTec, BrokerTec puts all orders submitted through that TTO on hold.
- If a TTO loses its connection three times in five minutes, it shuts down. A shutdown TTO does not restart until the Order Server is stopped and restarted.
- If all TTOs shut down, the Order Server shuts down. TTChron then restarts the Order Server, and each TTO attempts to reconnect.
To control the manner in which the TT Gateway handles held orders, you can use the parameters ResubmitOnStartup (for use with Order Server disconnects) and ResubmitOnSessionDown (for use with TTO disconnects).