BrokerTec Gateway Documentation
- BrokerTec Gateway And The Exchange
- Installing And Upgrading
- Configuring Global Settings
- Configuring Market Data
- Configuring Order Management
- Configuration Parameters
- Disaster Recovery
To complete the configuration specific to the BrokerTec Gateway, you must configure the Exchange-FlavorHostInfo.cfg file with a uniqueset of connection information for each direct trader, the Price Server and the Order Server. The remainder of this manual refers to this file as hostinfo.cfg.
Be aware that .cfg files may have lines that begin with the “#” symbol. These lines are informative and are not read by the programs that use the configuration files. When performing the following process, ignore any lines that begin with “#.” Do not include the “#” symbol in any line that you want the BrokerTec Gateway to read.
For detailed information on configuring the hostinfo.cfg file, refer to .
Opening the Hostinfo.cfg File
To open the hostinfo.cfg file:
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to <root directory>:ttconfig.
- Double-click the hostinfo.cfg file.
A Caution prompt may display.
- Click Open
With to continue.
The Windows prompt displays.
- Click Select the program from a list.
- Click OK.
The Open With dialog box displays.
- Select Notepad, and click OK.
The hostinfo.cfg file opens.
Configuring the Hostinfo.cfg File
The procedure below provides a quick summary on configuring the hostinfo.cfg file. For more information on configuring this file, refer to .
To configure the hostinfo.cfg file:
- Add the connection information to the section titled [Global].
- The [Products] section
contains the information needed for BrokerTec to accommodate Canadian
The following step should only be performed on BrokerTec Gateways 7.15.X and below. If running 7.16.0 and above, the [Traders] section does not need to be configured.
- Add the Member ID, Group ID, and Trader ID for
each trader to the section titled [Traders].
- BrokerTec refers to Trader IDs as BTEC Signatures.
- BrokerTec distributes the Root Name which is used to derive the BrokerTec User Names.
- BrokerTec distributes all User Names, BTEC Signatures (TRADERID), and Customer IDs (MEMBERID).
- When entering values, use the format MEMBERID;GROUPID;TRADERID;
- The [Traders] section information must all be entered in capital letters.
- After adding the information, save and then close out the file.
All services in ttchron.ini must be set with the correct startup and shutdown times. Additionally, activate the Key Server section if you are running a Key Server on this TT BrokerTec Gateway. The ttchron.ini file is located in <root drive>:ttconfig.
The information in this file determines the correct startup times for all TT BrokerTec Gateway processes. The times provided in the ttchron.ini file represent the current exchange startup times. Unless otherwise informed by TT or BrokerTec, do not change these times.
Call the CSC or your TAMs for correct startup times to use in ttchron.ini. For information on configuring ttchron.ini, refer to the TT Gateway SAM Version 7.X.