CME Gateway Documentation
- TT Gateway And The Exchange
- Installing And Upgrading
- Configuring Global Settings
Configuring Market Data
- Understanding the Price Feed
- Configuring the Price Server Connection
- FIX/FAST Configuration
- Number of Orders at Price
- Configuring Product Subscriptions
- Configuring Total Traded Quantity at Price (VAP)
- Configuring Product Group Subscriptions
- Support for User-Defined Strategies
- Support for BM&FBOVESPA Products
- Support For NYMEX Variable Quantity Energy Products
- Support For DME Products
- Support For Inter-Exchange Spread Products
- Support for Bursa Malaysia Products
- Support for CME Europe Products
Configuring Order Management
- Understanding Order Management
- Configuring the Order Server and Order Routers
- TT Gateway Support for Mandatory iLink Tags
- Upgrade Tasks to Support Mandatory iLink Tags
- Self Match Prevention Support 7.18
- Self Match Prevention Support
- Supported Order Types
- ATS Operator ID Support
- Market Segment Gateways
- CME Globex Secure Logon Support
- Support of Post-Trade Functionality
- Support for Cross Orders
- Configuration Parameters
- Market Segment Gateways: Phase 2
- Disaster Recovery
Number of Orders at Price
CME Gateways 7.16 and higher display the number of orders that make up the bid/ask quantity at a given price. Traders and brokers find this useful in determining if there is a market at certain price levels for a particular product, or in identifying when large-sized orders have been entered in the market.
TT Gateway Support
To support this functionality for traders, the CME Gateway obtains the number of orders at each level of aggregate depth (direct or implied) provided by the exchange and sends it to the client trading applications. Changes in quantity are also obtained from the price feed and sent by the gateway to the clients.
The CME Gateway supports up to 20 levels of aggregate depth per side. The exchange sends up to 10 levels, which varies per product. The number of orders is only provided by the exchange for Limit orders and not resting Market orders. Detailed depth is not provided by the exchange, so the number of orders are displayed only at the aggregated price level in X_TRADER®.
TT Client Impact
The following are the minimum versions of TT Clients required to support the Number of Orders functionality:
- X_TRADER® 7.11.2
- FIX Adapter 7.7.5
- X_TRADER® API 7.7.4
X_TRADER® 7.11.2 or higher displays the Number of Orders columns per side in MD Trader, or shows the number of orders in the BidCnt and AskCnt columns in the Market Window.
In MD Trader, users can view the number of orders that comprise the total bid or ask quantity for up to 20 price levels from the inside market. If the number of orders at a price level is truncated due to exchange size limitations, the CME Gateway indicates this by appending a “+” to the value sent to X_TRADER®.
Refer to the X_TRADER® Help system and User Manual for more details.