Fenics Gateway Documentation
- Fenics Gateway and the Exchange
- Installing and Upgrading
- Configuring Global Settings
- Configuring Market Data
- Configuring Order Management
- Disaster Recovery
Single Gateway Failure
System failure can occur at various points within the trading environment. These points include the Fenics Gateway and the Exchange host. This chapter’s discussion is restricted to total software and/or hardware failure and available options for disaster recovery.
Gateway Software Failure
When the Order Server fails or disconnects with a proper session logout, on the Fenics Gateway, the exchange will delete all working orders. If the Price Server fails or disconnects, users will stop receiving market data.
Gateway Software Recovery
After a failure, TTChron restarts any components scheduled to be running. After a successful restart of the Gateway, the following activities occur:
- Fills: From the Exchange, the Fenics Gateway requests and downloads all successful fills. The gateway does not download any fill information that has already been received from the Exchange.
- Orders: Upon reconnect, traders’ can resume trading, but all previous working orders are deleted and need to be resubmitted.
Gateway Hardware Recovery
Fenics Gateways that suffer hardware failure are unable to go back online until the situation is rectified via replacement of the affected components; traders stop receiving data (prices, fills, order data) from the Fenics Gateway.
When failed hardware is replaced or corrected, and the system is restarted, recovery processes are identical to those listed in "Gateway Software Recovery" above.