Fenics Gateway Documentation
- Fenics Gateway and the Exchange
- Installing and Upgrading
- Configuring Global Settings
- Configuring Market Data
- Configuring Order Management
- Disaster Recovery
Preparing to Upgrade
For the latest upgrade considerations refer to TT Gateway upgrade considerations.
Prior to running the installation package, the user must manually stop all TT Gateway services.
Running the installation package automatically stops the following TT-related processes: TT Chron, SNMP, TT Guardian, TT Guardian Server, TT Guardian Control, TTMRD, and TTMD.
Failure to stop all services causes the installer to log the following message in the installation logfile:
Error: Service <ServiceName> failed to stop. Please shutdown all TT applications and then re-launch this install.
If this message appears, you must manually stop the service(s) and restart the Fenics Gateway setup.
Backing Up Audit Files
If upgrading intraday, you must backup and rename the Audit File which was created that day. Audit Files are version specific. Due to potential changes, TT strongly recommends that you backup and rename the day’s Audit File. This allows the upgraded TT Gateway to create a new version of the day’s Audit File and avoid any potential errors.
Audit Files that contain content from multiple TT Gateway versions cannot be converted with the Audit Convert tool.
Failure to begin a new file when upgrading the TT Gateway results in an ‘Unknown record type’ error message and potentially lost data.
TT strongly recommends that you backup and rename the day’s Audit File if upgrading intraday.
For information about updating your configuration files when upgrading, refer to Master Files .
You can use a Fenics Gateway setup to upgrade an existing installation.
TT recommends creating backup copies of all existing configuration files prior to upgrading your TT Gateway.
To upgrade your TT Gateway:
- Obtain a copy of the latest Fenics Gateway setup executable file from either the TT Customer Portal or your TAM and place a copy of the file on the machine that currently hosts the Fenics Gateway.
- Click on the Start menu, then select the Administrative Tools, then Services.
- In the list of services, locate and manually
stop all TT Gateway related services including:
- TT Fenics Fill Server
- TT Fenics Price Server
- TT Fenics Order Server
- TT Key Server
- Fenics Gateway Order Routers, etc. (if present)
- If upgrading intraday, backup and rename the current session’s Audit File.
- Double-click the Fenics Gateway setup executable file to launch the installer. A verification dialog box displays.
- Select Yes to
continue with the upgrade.
When the upgrade completes, the InstallShield Wizard Completed dialog box displays.
- Select Finish to exit the install and perform a reboot, if required.
To help accurately update your configuration files during upgrades, Fenics Gateways install with the following template “Master” configuration files located in the <root drive>:\tt\Exchange-Flavor folder:
These files contain updated settings and parameters for the upgraded version of the TT Gateway. When upgrading, the Fenics Gateway retains your previous configuration settings. After installing, you can update your configuration files by copying the relevant changes from the Master files to your existing configuration files using the following procedure:
To update your existing configuration files using the Master files as reference:
- Open both the existing configuration file and the related Master File in a text editor.
- Copy changes from the Master File and paste them into the relevant sections of the original configuration file.
- Save your changes and close both files.