FIX Adapter System Administration Documentation
- What’s New In FIX Adapter 7.17.X?
- Network Architecture
- Installing TT FIX Adapter
- Creating TT FIX Adapter Configurations
Configuring An Order Routing FIX Adapter
- About the Order Routing Configuration Type
- (OR) Specifying Global Configuration Settings
- (OR) Configuration Settings: Selecting Products
- (OR) Specifying Gateway Settings
- (OR) Specifying Global FIX Session Settings
- (OR) Additional FIX Session Settings: Market Data
- (OR) Market Data: Formatting Prices
- (OR) Additional FIX Session Settings: Order Routing Requests
- (OR) Additional FIX Session Settings: Order Routing Responses - FIX Tags
- (OR) Additional FIX Session Settings: Order Routing Responses - Business Flows
Configuring A Drop Copy FIX Adapter
- About the Drop Copy Configuration Type
- (DC) Specifying Global Configuration Settings
- (DC) Configuration Settings: Selecting Products
- (DC) Specifying Gateway Settings
- (DC) Specifying Global FIX Session Settings
- (DC) Additional FIX Settings: Market Data
- (DC) Market Data: Formatting Prices
- (DC) Additional FIX Settings: Order Routing Responses - FIX Tags
- (DC) Additional FIX Settings: Order RoutingResponses - Business Flows
- Managing A TT FIX Adapter
(OR) Specifying Global Configuration Settings
About the global adapter settings
Each TT FIX Adapter contains a group of settings that dictates general operational behavior.
The following figure shows the standard global settings used for an order routing TT FIX Adapter configuration.
The following table describes the various settings
FIX Adapter Name
Name to identify this TT FIX Adapter configuration. This name is used as follows:
The name must adhere to the following rules:
For more information about creating TT FIX Adapter IDs, refer to the .
|FIX Adapter Password|
Password associated with the FIX Adapter TT Universal Login (Required)
|FIX Adapter Type|
Display-only field that identifies the configuration type of this TT FIX Adapter.
Whether to write log messages to the console window in addition to log files.
Note: Console logging can significantly impact performance. Consequently, TT strongly recommends that you enable console logging only during the development, testing, and debugging phases.
The following figure shows the additional global settings used for an order routing TT FIX Adapter configuration.
The following table describes the additional settings.
Port number over which you can dynamically reset the message sequence number of a specified FIX session.
Note: TT recommends using port 10001 or higher.
For more information about resetting message sequence numbers, refer to Managing a TT FIX Adapter.
TCP Window Size (KB)
Size of the TCP window buffer size
Caution: Do not change this value unless TT Support Personnel instructs you to do so.
List of products to include or exclude when TT FIX Adapter downloads contract data during initialization. To specify a product or set of products, you supply the following values to create a matching rule.
Note: If you download contract data for SPREAD or STRATEGY product types, TT FIX Adapter also downloads all contracts that comprise the legs, regardless of the individual leg product settings.
Name of market on which the product trades, as set in Tag 207 (SecurityExchange).
If you specified a Market Name in the Gateway Settings/Additional Gateway Settings dialog, you must use that same value in this field.
Product symbol as set in Tag 55 (Symbol). You can also use * to match all symbols.
Product types to match. You can specify any of the following values or * to match all product types:
Whether to include or exclude the products that match the rule criteria.
Warning: If you instruct FIX Adapter to load all contracts (*,*,*,Load), FIX Adapter retrieves, during startup, all contracts on all TT Gateways to which it connects. If you connect to many TT Gateways, the amount of data retrieved could cause FIX Adapter to exceed the maximum application memory footprint allowed by the operating system.
How to set the global settings
To set the global configuration settings:
In the Configurations Tree Navigation pane, select the name of the adapter you want to configure.
The Global Settings appear in the Settings pane.
Specify values for each of the fields.
- If you want to access the additional settings, do the following.
Otherwise, skip this step.
The Additional Global Settings dialog appears.
Change the desired values, and click OK.