FIX Adapter System Administration Documentation
- What’s New In FIX Adapter 7.17.X?
- Network Architecture
- Installing TT FIX Adapter
- Creating TT FIX Adapter Configurations
Configuring An Order Routing FIX Adapter
- About the Order Routing Configuration Type
- (OR) Specifying Global Configuration Settings
- (OR) Configuration Settings: Selecting Products
- (OR) Specifying Gateway Settings
- (OR) Specifying Global FIX Session Settings
- (OR) Additional FIX Session Settings: Market Data
- (OR) Market Data: Formatting Prices
- (OR) Additional FIX Session Settings: Order Routing Requests
- (OR) Additional FIX Session Settings: Order Routing Responses - FIX Tags
- (OR) Additional FIX Session Settings: Order Routing Responses - Business Flows
Configuring A Drop Copy FIX Adapter
- About the Drop Copy Configuration Type
- (DC) Specifying Global Configuration Settings
- (DC) Configuration Settings: Selecting Products
- (DC) Specifying Gateway Settings
- (DC) Specifying Global FIX Session Settings
- (DC) Additional FIX Settings: Market Data
- (DC) Market Data: Formatting Prices
- (DC) Additional FIX Settings: Order Routing Responses - FIX Tags
- (DC) Additional FIX Settings: Order RoutingResponses - Business Flows
- Managing A TT FIX Adapter
Running the TT User Setup Diagnostic Checks
After creating or updating TT FIX Adapter Server profiles or FIX Adapter client profiles in TT User Setup, use the Diagnostics Check utility to confirm that the data in TT User Setup is consistent and valid. Invalid data can cause FIX Adapter Client logins to fail.
Running the TT User Setup diagnostic checks
To run the diagnostic check:
- Start TT User Setup and log on using an administrative username and password.
- From the TT User Setup Control Panel, open the User
Admin menu and click Diagnostic Checks.
The Diagnostic Checks window appears.
- Click Configure diagnostic check.
The Configure Diagnostics window appears:
- From the Configure Diagnostics window, check the FIX
Adapter-related option N, and then click OK.
Note: Because 7.17 FIX Adapters do not use Gateway Logins, options L and M no longer apply.
- From the Diagnostics Checks window, click the Run/Refresh Diagnostic
Checks button. Any issues will be listed by issue type and will
include a summary of the issue.
For a detailed explanation of an issue type, click explain this.
- Resolve any issues discovered through the diagnostic check.
- To run other diagnostic checks, re-open the Configure Diagnostics window and select your typical diagnostic checks (or click Sync selection with automatic diagnostics to select only the checks that are configured to run automatically). After the diagnostic checks are selected, click OK and then click Run/Refresh Diagnostic Checks. For more information about TT User Setup diagnostics, refer to the TT User Setup User Manual.