Flexible FIX Administration Documentation
- Introducing Flexible FIX
- Managing FIX Sessions
- Managing Profiles
Profiles: Managing Rules
- Defining Rules for Messages and Tags
- Working with Message Rule Actions
- Message Rules: Passing or Dropping Messages
- Working with Tag Rule Actions
- Tag Rules: Passing or Dropping Tags
- Tag Rules: Assigning Values to Tags
- Tag Rules: Remapping One Tag’s Value to Another Tag
- Tag Rules: Choosing Actions Based on the Value of a Tag
- Testing Your Rules
Profiles: Managing Symbology
- About Flexible FIX Symbology
- Defining the Default Symbology Formats for FIX Clients
- Configuring Symbology Defaults for FIX Adapter
- Working with Symbol Mappings
- Creating By Security Alt ID Method Symbology Mappings
- Creating By Security ID Method Symbology Mappings
- Creating By Security Name Method Symbology Mappings
- Testing Your Symbology for a Standard Symbol
- Testing Your Symbology for a Symbol that Includes the Expiry
About Flexible FIX
Flexible FIX allows users to customize TT’s Financial Information eXchange (FIX) protocol interface for simplifying integration with FIX applications, such as order management and back-office systems. Flexible FIX allows users to remap and inject FIX tags, suppress specific tags and messages, and convert symbology.
Key capabilities include:
- Tag Remapping. Remap a tag's value to another tag.
- Tag and Message Suppression. Suppress tags or messages that are not recognized by the TT FIX Adapter or the FIX client application.
- Tag Lookup. Define a lookup function to remap a tag’s value based on the value in another tag.
- Tag Injection. Add one or more tags to any inbound or outbound message(s).
- Symbology. Create symbology mappings for converting to and from alternate symbology sets.
How Do I Use Flexible FIX?
As an administrator, you use the following process to set up Flexible FIX to support your FIX clients:
- Get a login from TTNET.
- Log into the Flexible FIX site and create a profile.
- Create a session by assigning the profile to an existing FIX Adapter.
- Define Message Rules.
- Define Tag Rules.
- Define Symbol Mappings.
- Review rules using test messages.
- Save the profile changes and update the session.