Flexible FIX Administration Documentation
- Introducing Flexible FIX
- Managing FIX Sessions
- Managing Profiles
Profiles: Managing Rules
- Defining Rules for Messages and Tags
- Working with Message Rule Actions
- Message Rules: Passing or Dropping Messages
- Working with Tag Rule Actions
- Tag Rules: Passing or Dropping Tags
- Tag Rules: Assigning Values to Tags
- Tag Rules: Remapping One Tag’s Value to Another Tag
- Tag Rules: Choosing Actions Based on the Value of a Tag
- Testing Your Rules
Profiles: Managing Symbology
- About Flexible FIX Symbology
- Defining the Default Symbology Formats for FIX Clients
- Configuring Symbology Defaults for FIX Adapter
- Working with Symbol Mappings
- Creating By Security Alt ID Method Symbology Mappings
- Creating By Security ID Method Symbology Mappings
- Creating By Security Name Method Symbology Mappings
- Testing Your Symbology for a Standard Symbol
- Testing Your Symbology for a Symbol that Includes the Expiry
Tag Rules: Remapping One Tag’s Value to Another Tag
How to Remap a Tag
To map one tag’s value to a different tag:
- Locate the row in the Tag Rules section containing
the Tag and Direction whose value you want to remap
from a tag in the input message, and click the Edit icon.
- From the Editing Tag Rule dialog, select the Remap action.
- Enter the tag number in the incoming message with the value
you want to map to the specified tag.
In this case, the FIX client sends the value in tag 1028 while the TT FIX Adapter expects the value in tag 11028.
- Select the desired options.
In this case, the value in tag 1028 overwrites the value if the FIX client message already contains tag 11028, because you enable Apply when Tag 11028 (ManualOrderIndicator) is already present on input message.
Because you did not enable the other options, Flexible FIX remaps this tag’s value only for New Order Single (D) messages. For all other FIX client messages, Flexible FIX sends the tag if present and omits the tag if the original message does not contain the tag.