Flexible FIX Administration Documentation
- Introducing Flexible FIX
- Managing FIX Sessions
- Managing Profiles
Profiles: Managing Rules
- Defining Rules for Messages and Tags
- Working with Message Rule Actions
- Message Rules: Passing or Dropping Messages
- Working with Tag Rule Actions
- Tag Rules: Passing or Dropping Tags
- Tag Rules: Assigning Values to Tags
- Tag Rules: Remapping One Tag’s Value to Another Tag
- Tag Rules: Choosing Actions Based on the Value of a Tag
- Testing Your Rules
Profiles: Managing Symbology
- About Flexible FIX Symbology
- Defining the Default Symbology Formats for FIX Clients
- Configuring Symbology Defaults for FIX Adapter
- Working with Symbol Mappings
- Creating By Security Alt ID Method Symbology Mappings
- Creating By Security ID Method Symbology Mappings
- Creating By Security Name Method Symbology Mappings
- Testing Your Symbology for a Standard Symbol
- Testing Your Symbology for a Symbol that Includes the Expiry
Creating By Security Alt ID Method Symbology Mappings
When to Use this Method
Use this method when the FIX Client and FIX Adapter Defaults cannot be applied for this instrument, which is an exception to the defaults. For those exchanges that support alternate security ID, client applications can use Tag 10455 (SecurityAltID) to specify its alternate security ID.How to Create a Security Alt ID Symbol Map
To create a symbol mapping based on an alternate security ID:
In the Symbology Method field, select By Security Alt ID.
Enter the tag 55 (Symbol), tag 167 (SecurityType), tag 207 (SecurityExchange) and tag 10455 (SecurityAltID) values sent from and expected by FIX Adapter for the product. As you type in the FIX Adapter Exchange, Flexible FIX presents a list of matching names valid for FIX Adapter.
Under the FIX Client Exchange and Symbol columns, enter the tag 55 (Symbol), tag 167 (SecurityType), and tag 207 (SecurityExchange) values sent from and expected by the FIX client for this product. You can add other tags by typing the tag number in the tag number text box and clicking the + button.
If necessary, enter the appropriate price conversion factors and the price tags to convert under the Price Conversion Factor and Strike Price Conversion Factor fields.