Flexible FIX Administration Documentation
- Introducing Flexible FIX
- Managing FIX Sessions
- Managing Profiles
Profiles: Managing Rules
- Defining Rules for Messages and Tags
- Working with Message Rule Actions
- Message Rules: Passing or Dropping Messages
- Working with Tag Rule Actions
- Tag Rules: Passing or Dropping Tags
- Tag Rules: Assigning Values to Tags
- Tag Rules: Remapping One Tag’s Value to Another Tag
- Tag Rules: Choosing Actions Based on the Value of a Tag
- Testing Your Rules
Profiles: Managing Symbology
- About Flexible FIX Symbology
- Defining the Default Symbology Formats for FIX Clients
- Configuring Symbology Defaults for FIX Adapter
- Working with Symbol Mappings
- Creating By Security Alt ID Method Symbology Mappings
- Creating By Security ID Method Symbology Mappings
- Creating By Security Name Method Symbology Mappings
- Testing Your Symbology for a Standard Symbol
- Testing Your Symbology for a Symbol that Includes the Expiry
Creating By Security ID Method Symbology Mappings
When to Use this Method
Use this method when the FIX Client and FIX Adapter Defaults cannot be applied for this instrument, which is an exception to the defaults. Instead of including the entire instrument block when communicating with TT FIX Adapter, client applications can use Tags 48 (SecurityID), 55 (Symbol), and 207 (SecurityExchange).How to Create a Security ID Symbol Map
To create a symbol mapping based on a security ID:
In the Symbology Method field, select By Security ID.
In the FIX Client section, enter the values the FIX client will send and expect to receive for this product in tag 55 (Symbol), tag 167 (SecurityType), and tag 207 (SecurityExchange). If you need to specify values for additional tags, you can add the tags as needed.
In the FIX Adapter section, enter the values sent by and expected from TT FIX Adapter for this product in tag 55 (Symbol), tag 48 (SecurityID), and tag 207 (SecurityExchange).
If necessary, enter the appropriate price conversion factors and the price tags to convert under the Price Conversion Factor and Strike Price Conversion Factor fields.