GMEX Gateway Documentation
- GMEX Gateway And The Exchange
- Installing And Upgrading
- Configuring Global Settings
- Configuring Market Data
- Configuring Order Management
- Disaster Recovery
Before you Install
You must be logged into the gateway server with Administrator rights when performing any of the GMEX Gateway installation tasks.
If you previously installed TT software onto your machine, the Gateway software automatically installs to the same location.
Also, depending upon the environment of the machine on which you install the TT Gateway, you may receive several informative or question prompt boxes. If a task discusses such a prompt box, and you do not receive the prompt box, skip to the next step.
During an installation, the GMEX Gateway installs the following software packages, which can be uninstalled using the Add or Remove Programs dialog box:
- GMEX Gateway Components (includes standard TT Gateway files and utilities)
- TT Chron
- TT Messaging (TTM Only)
Installation and Upgrade Requirements
GMEX Gateways support two types of installation procedures:
- GUI Interface Installation: Provides dialog boxes that guide the user through the installation process. Recommended when installing the GMEX Gateway on a small number of servers.
- Command Line Installation: Provides command line entries to automate the installation process. Recommended when performing multiple unattended installations on a large number of servers.
You can combine both types of installations.
Depending on the implementation, the command line installation can suppress some or all of the dialog boxes that appear during the GUI install. You can use the command line to automate similar install choices, then run the GUI install to customize unique options.
Regardless of the installation method, when adding a new TT Gateway flavor to your trading environment, you must restart TT User Setup before the new flavor will appear.