← Back to X_TRADER® Help Library
GMEX Gateway Documentation
- GMEX Gateway And The Exchange
- Installing And Upgrading
- Configuring Global Settings
- Configuring Market Data
- Configuring Order Management
- Disaster Recovery
Preparing to Install
Before the GMEX Gateway is installed, the customer must perform the following tasks:
- Obtain the host server IP addresses, associated passwords, and connection ports. GMEX may distribute this information in a separate document (or e-mail). You must obtain one set of connection information for each Order Router or customer membership that uses the GMEX Gateway.
- For circuit sizing (network bandwidth) between your network and the exchange host, refer to the GMEX Exchange specifications.
- Confirm that all network routes to the exchange work from the GMEX Gateway server.
- Obtain the IP address that the exchange defines for your TT Gateway. You must use this IP address as the NATed address if you are using a NAT firewall.
Consider the following when installing a GMEX Gateway:
As the installer, you must perform the following tasks before installing the GMEX Gateway:
- If you have TT products of Version 7.X already installed on the network, you must obtain the aconfig.xml file from one of the machines that hosts the 7.X software. This can be from any 7.X machine on your network.
- Identify the products to which the customer’s memberships want to subscribe. Use this information to configure product subscriptions in the [PriceServer] section of the Hostinfo.cfg file. Refer to Configuring Price Server Parameters.
- Obtain all membership connection information for memberships that use the GMEX Gateway. GMEX distributes these values to their customers. Refer to Obtaining Exchange Credentials.