← Back to X_TRADER® Help Library
- Getting Started
- Admin Menu
- Config Menu
- Mode Menu
- Temporarily Remove an Exchange from the Tree
- Filter Gateways
- View Local Logfile
- View Connected Clients
- View Product and Tick Tables
- View Currency Table
- View Status
- Viewing Risk Parametersfor Trader Setup
- Collect Local Logfiles
- View Gateway Server Logfile
- Producing a License Dump File
- Ping Remote Session Machine
WAN Routing Menu
- Configuring Via the WAN Router Setup Dialog Box
- Accessing the WAN Routing Options
- Opening the WAN Router Setup Dialog Box
- Configuring Local WAN Router Settings
- Editing the Neighbors List
- Starting & Stopping WAN Routers
- Verifying the Correct WAN Routing Setup
- Identifying WAN Routers
- Verifying WAN Routing Failover
- Compress a Neighbor Connection
Verifying the Correct WAN Routing Setup
To verify correct WAN Routing setup:
- Verify that Guard Server on the gateway is running. To do so:
- Call the IT department
at the remote site.
- Visually check its operations (if within the same building).
- Use remote access software to connect to the server.
- Double-click the icon in the system tray on a TT workstation
that communicates with the remote TT Gateway.
This opens the Guardian window.
- On the tree of exchanges, click the + to the left of each item to navigate to the needed TT Gateway and fully expand it so that Guard Server displays.
- Verify that Guard Server is listed and green. If you cannot find the TT Gateway, or if Guard Server is red, there is a problem with either the network or WAN Routing setup.
- Repeat Steps 1 – 4 until all networks have been verified.