LME Gateway Documentation
- LME Gateway And The Exchange
- Installing And Upgrading
- Configuring Global Settings
- Configuring Market Data
Configuring The Order Server
- Understanding Order Management
- Order and Fill Server Files
- Configuring Order and Fill Server Connections
- Configuring Order Sessions: LME Gateway 7.18.25
- Configuring Order Routers
- Supported Order Types
- Configuring Multi-Member/ Multi-Session
- Configuring Order Book Sharing
- Order Server Startup Command Line Parameter
- Configuration Parameters
- Disaster Recovery
Single Gateway Failure
When the customer has only one TT LME Gateway, and it fails, the exchange places all traders' GTD orders in an inactive state.
When a single TT LME Gateway fails during trading hours, the exchange places all GTD orders in an inactive state. Traders stop receiving data (prices, fills, order data) from the TT LME Gateway.
Gateway Software Recovery
After a failure, TTChron restarts any components scheduled to be running. After a successful restart of the gateway, the following activities occur:
- Fills: From the exchange, the TT LME Gateway downloads all successful fills, assuming the Exchange-Flavor_GatewayCompany_OrderBook.dat file was not corrupted at shutdown and that the order information was received at start up. The TT LME Gateway does not disseminate to the client any fill information that has already been received from the exchange.
- Orders: Upon reconnect, traders can resume trading; however, the traders’ Order Book will only contain order information that was persisted to Disk. GTD orders will show up as on Hold in the traders’ Order Book, as the exchange-initiated Hold messages are received.
Gateway Hardware Recovery
If you do not recover your TT LME Gateway the same day as the failure, all fills from that day are lost.
Example Scenario - No Failover
Quick Financial Services (QFS) has one TT LME Gateway. During trading hours, their gateway experiences a drive head crash, and immediately, all traders lose their connection to the exchange. The exchange displays red in Guardian, prices stop updating, and no new fills are received. Even though they have X_TRADER® open, traders lose the ability to trade on TT LME Gateway.
QFS installs and starts up another TT LME Gateway that same day using the same configuration as the failed TT Gateway. When it connects to the exchange, order information is lost.