LME Gateway Documentation
- LME Gateway And The Exchange
- Installing And Upgrading
- Configuring Global Settings
- Configuring Market Data
Configuring The Order Server
- Understanding Order Management
- Order and Fill Server Files
- Configuring Order and Fill Server Connections
- Configuring Order Sessions: LME Gateway 7.18.25
- Configuring Order Routers
- Supported Order Types
- Configuring Multi-Member/ Multi-Session
- Configuring Order Book Sharing
- Order Server Startup Command Line Parameter
- Configuration Parameters
- Disaster Recovery
Trader and Firm Identification
The following contains information on memberships at the Exchange in addition to trader identification between the TT LME Gateway and the Exchange.
OBTAINING EXCHANGE CREDENTIALS/MEMBERSHIP
Prior to trading at LME, the firm must obtain an LME Membership. LME offers five membership categories. Electronic access to the market is available through Categories 1, 2, and 4 members. For further details, please refer to the How to become a member section of LME’s website.
Ring Dealing members can trade on all three LME trading markets: open-outcry, inter-office telephone, and LME Select.
Associate Broker Clearing members can only trade through the inter-office telephone market and LME Select.
Associate Trade Clearing members cannot issue client contracts or trade in open-outcry.
Associate Broker members can issue LME contract through the inter-office telephone market but are not members of LCH.Clearnet.
Associate Trade members have no trading rights on the Exchange except as clients.
The following are Category 1 members:
TT DIRECT TRADER IDS
When entering users into TT User Setup, you must use the format MemberGroupTrader where:
- Member: A max seven-character variable that is either supplied by LME or determined by the customer.
- Group: A three-character variable determined by the customer.
- Trader: A max eleven-character variable that is determined by the customer.
TTORD TRADER IDS
The following lists how TT LME Gateways use TTORD trader IDs.
- TT LME Gateways support TTORDs.
- You can map multiple TTORDs to one direct exchange trader.
FFT2 AND FFT3 FIELDS
The FFT2 field must be populated and may not exceed 16 characters. The TT LME Gateway rejects an order attempt if FFT2 is blank.
The FFT2 field in the Customer Defaults section in X_TRADER® will populate FIX tag 58 in the TT LME Gateway and is sent to Clearing (LME Smart).
Beginning with January 2010, the exchange requires all customers to register their account codes with LME and to forward the registered account code in FIX tag 58. To meet this requirement, TT LME Gateways map the FFT2 field in Customer Defaults to FIX tag 58.
For more information on the FFT2 field, refer to the Customer Defaults Setup section in the X_TRADER® User Manual.
TT LME Gateways do not forward the contents of the Account # field to the Exchange.