MX Gateway Documentation
- TT Gateway And The Exchange
- Installing And Upgrading
- Configuring Global Settings
Configuring Market Data
- Understanding the Price Feed
- Configuring the Price Server Connection
- HSVF Market Data Configuration
- Configuring the Price Server Connection 7.18
- Number of Orders at Price
- Support for Market Depth
- HSVF Market Data Configuration 7.18
- Calculating Volume at Price (VAP)
- Configuring Product Subscriptions
- Support for Settlement Prices
- Support for Implied Prices
- Configuring Order Management
- Configuration Parameters
- Disaster Recovery
Changing Gateway Time and Time Zone
Due to the default settings in its configuration files, TT recommends that you set the TT Gateway to run in the EST time zone (Montreal time) with Daylight Savings enabled.
If you decide to run the MX Gateway in another time zone, you must:
- Run the MX Gateway in the other time zone with the daylight savings setting enabled for that time zone.
- Adjust the times in ttchron.ini to match the time in which the MX Gateway runs.
Trading Firm ABC based in Montreal decides to run the MX Gateway in the Montreal time zone. ABC sets the system clock to Montreal time, which is EST, and turns off daylight savings. Whenever Daylight Savings changes, ABC edits ttchron.ini to account for new time schedules.
Changing Gateway Times During a Trading Session
TT does not recommend changing the MX Gateway server time, date, or time zone during a trading session, as this will lead to duplicate fills containing different exchange times at startup. This may also lead to order quantities being incorrectly doubled in SOD records.
If you do have to change the gateway machine time or time zone during a trading session, you need to verify that the time and date match the Exchange’s time and date using the procedure titled, “Testing Fill Server Startup” in the TT Gateways Architecture System Administration Manual.
Configuring Aconfig Time Zone Parameters
Failure to restart the Price and Fill Servers after changing the Aconfig time zone setting can result in missing fills.
You must pay close attention when configuring the time zone settings located in the Aconfig.Core.Server.Exchange-Specific.Exchange-flavor.Time.Zone directory. These settings directly impact price and fill server operation.
When resetting these parameters, you must restart both the Price and Fill Servers.