NYSE Liffe Gateway Documentation
- NYSE Liffe Gateway And The Exchange
- Installing And Upgrading
- Configuring Global Settings
Configuring Market Data
- Understanding the Price Feed
- Configuring the Price Server Connection
- PFX Support
- Price Server Files
- Tick Tables, Point Values, and Product Tables
- Support for Market Depth
- Calculating Volume at Price
- Configuring Product Subscriptions ( Exchange Data Publisher (XDP) Only)
- Support for Open, Close and Settlement Prices
- Understanding the Price Feed Optiq
- Configuring the Price Server Connection Optiq
- Price Server Files Optiq
Configuring The Order Server
- Understanding Order Management
- Clearing Environment Impact
- Order and Fill Server Files
- Configuring Order and Fill Server Connections
- Configuring Order Sessions
- Supported Order Types
- Example Case Studies: Order Session Configuration
- Example: Configuring Order Sessions
- Configuring Account Code Mapping
- Configuring Give Up Orders
- Support for Stop Orders
- Configuration Parameters
- NYSE Liffe Gateway Codes
- Wholesale Trades
- Disaster Recovery
Approaches to Failover
The points of potential systems failure when using the TT Gateway include the TT Gateway, the exchange host, and all network devices in-between. This chapter's discussion is restricted to total software and/or hardware failure, its specific impact on TT Gateways, and available options for disaster recovery.
Supported on TT Gateway
TT Gateways do not support Order Server failover. If the TT Gateway experiences an Order Server disconnect, all non-GTD orders continue working at the exchange. Once the Order Server reconnects, the TT Gateway resynchronizes the order book with data from the exchange. At this time the TT Gateway will receive delete instructions for GTD orders and will remove them from the order book.
GTC and GTDate orders may continue working at the exchange. Detailed data related to these orders is not available in the order book download. Therefore, following a cold failover, GTC and GTDate orders are not available on the secondary gateway.
In the event of a disconnect, TT recommends traders contact the exchange to verify the state of their GTC and GTDate orders.
You can configure a secondary TT Gateway to support Price Server failover. For information on how to configure this type of component failover, refer to Price Server Failover.