NYSE Liffe Gateway Documentation
- NYSE Liffe Gateway And The Exchange
- Installing And Upgrading
- Configuring Global Settings
Configuring Market Data
- Understanding the Price Feed
- Configuring the Price Server Connection
- PFX Support
- Price Server Files
- Tick Tables, Point Values, and Product Tables
- Support for Market Depth
- Calculating Volume at Price
- Configuring Product Subscriptions ( Exchange Data Publisher (XDP) Only)
- Support for Open, Close and Settlement Prices
- Understanding the Price Feed Optiq
- Configuring the Price Server Connection Optiq
- Price Server Files Optiq
Configuring The Order Server
- Understanding Order Management
- Clearing Environment Impact
- Order and Fill Server Files
- Configuring Order and Fill Server Connections
- Configuring Order Sessions
- Supported Order Types
- Example Case Studies: Order Session Configuration
- Example: Configuring Order Sessions
- Configuring Account Code Mapping
- Configuring Give Up Orders
- Support for Stop Orders
- Configuration Parameters
- NYSE Liffe Gateway Codes
- Wholesale Trades
- Disaster Recovery
Guaranteed Cross Trades
Note: This section relates to wholesale trades when using versions prior to 7.17. For information on trading wholesale trades using version 7.17, refer to the section located here.
Guaranteed Cross trades are trades where the two sides are guaranteed to match with one another and not a different order in the market. Guaranteed Cross orders validate automatically.
The exchange no longer supports Market Maker Cross trades.
The exchange allows the following products for use in Guaranteed Cross trades:
Considerations and Restrictions
The exchange requires a minimum amount of contracts/lots for each Guaranteed Cross trade. This minimum volume threshold level varies dependent on the contract and whether the contract. For example, many contracts require a minimum volume threshold of 500 lots.
In addition, when executing a block trade for a calendar spread in the same contract, each leg must meet the contract's minimum volume threshold. For example, if the contract requires at least a 500 lot order for a block trade, then a calendar spread in the same contract must equal at least 500 lots per leg for an aggregate amount of 1,000 lots or more.
Guaranteed Cross trades must be limited at a price within the best bid-offer (BBO). The exchange rejects Guaranteed Cross trades that are not within the limits of the BBO. This requirement applies to the individual legs of a strategy as well.
Submitting a Guaranteed Cross Trade
When submitting a Guaranteed Cross trade, you must select the desired contract from the Market Grid. Once selected, X_TRADER automatically populates the Series, Month, and AMR fields with the appropriate data from the Market Grid.
You must populate the Trader field with the value of the ITM of the Order Session that will route the order.
Older versions of X_TRADER may populate the Trader field with the user Trader ID. If present, you must replace this value with the correct ITM when entering a Guaranteed Cross trade.
You must populate the Price and Quantity fields to submit a Guaranteed Cross trade. In addition, you must populate the Acc Code field.