TOCOM Gateway Documentation
- TOCOM Gateway And The Exchange
- Installing And Upgrading
- Configuring Global Settings
- Configuring Market Data
- Configuring Order Management
- Configuration Parameters
- Configuration Parameters: Multi Member
- Accounts And Sub Accounts
- Disaster Recovery
Before You Install
In the following section, a TOCOM Gateway installation is outlined. Depending upon the environment of the machine on which you install the TT Gateway, you may receive several informative or question prompt boxes. If a task discusses a prompt box that you do not receive, skip to the next step.
Installation and Upgrade Requirements
TT Gateway 7.16 and higher
TT Gateways 7.16 and higher fully support the Window Server 2008 R2 64-bit operating system.
Window Server 2008 R2 64-bit is the only version of Windows Server 2008 supported by TT.
You can also install TT Gateways 7.16 on machines running Windows Server 2003.
TT Gateways 7.15 and lower
You can install TT Gateways 7.15.x or lower on machines running Windows Server 2003.
In addition, you can install the following TT Gateways on a machine running Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1:
- TT Montreal, CBOE and FIX Gateways 7.13
- All TT Gateways 7.14 and 7.15
Prior to installing 7.15 or lower on Windows Server 2008, you must be aware of the following caveats and required changes:
- Migrating to Windows Server 2008: TT does not support upgrading the operating system on an existing TT Gateway server. TT strongly suggests that users perform a clean install of the operating system and the TT Gateway when migrating to Windows Server 2008.
- Program Files directory:
Windows Server 2008 does not allow applications to create files
under the Program Files directory.
If during a command line installation of the TT Gateway, you place the install root in the Program Files directory, you must select a different location for the ttconfig, ttdatfiles and ttlogfiles directories by using the installconfig, installdata and installlog arguments.
- Event Viewer Errors: Certain TT applications may trigger minor Event Viewer error messages. These errors do not impact gateway behavior. However, users can avoid triggering these messages by starting the Windows Interactive Services Detection prior to install.
- Console Windows: By default, some console windows triggered by TT Gateways may not display and instead produce an Interactive Service Detection dialog box. Users may run the Interactive Services Detection and switch over to the Windows “Session 0” desktop to view messages displayed from server.
- Starting Programs: TT Chron may not properly close and/or monitor server programs that are started manually. Users should first start TT Chron and allow it to start the server program per its schedule.
- Start TT Chron desktop icon: The “Start TT Chron” desktop shortcut may not work unless the user right-clicks on the icon and select “Run as administrator” from the context menu.
- TTM_BASE_API error: An issue exists where TTM may trigger a TTM_BASE_API error message in the Event Viewer. This is a known issue with TTM and does not impact gateway behavior.
- User Account Control: You must disable the Windows User Account Control for the TT Gateways to properly function. The User Account Control prevents the gateway from updating files including changes to the aconfig.xml file and updates to the product table.
TOCOM Gateways support two types of installation procedures:
- GUI Interface Installation: Provides dialog boxes that guide the user through the installation process. Recommended when installing the TOCOM Gateway on a small number of servers.
- Command Line Installation: Provides command line entries to automate the installation process. Recommended when performing multiple unattended installations on a large number of servers.
You can combine both types of installations.
Depending on the implementation, the command line installation can suppress some or all of the dialog boxes that appear during the GUI install. You can use the command line to automate similar install choices then run the GUI install to customize unique options.