TT User Setup Documentation
- Getting Started
- User Administration Basics
User Administration: Administrative Users
- Creating and Editing Administrative Users
- Creating a Super Administrator
- Creating a Broker Administrator - X_TRADER ASP
- Allowing Buy-side Administrators to Manage Product Limits (X_TRADER ASP)
- Creating a Group Administrator (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Creating a Gateway Login Administrator (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Creating a Password Administrator (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Creating a View Only User
- Creating a Collect Log Files Only User
- Configuring the Outgoing Email Settings
User Administration: X TRADER® Or X RISK® Users
- Creating and Editing X_TRADER or X_RISK Users
- Applying Basic User Properties
- Customizing Billing Data for a User - X_TRADER ASP only
- Configuring User Risk Settings for a User
- Setting Application Permissions
- SettingTrade Permissions
- Creating and Managing X_TRADER Customer Defaults
- Customer Defaults and Algo Defaults MiFID II
- Allowingor Blocking Product Groups for Specific Markets
- Applying X_RISK Permissions
- Creating a New Gateway Login through the Users Window
- Generating a Gateway Login for all Gateways
- Assigning Gateway Logins to a User Through the Users Window
- Setting Account Permissions
User Administration: FIX Adapter
- TT FIX Adapter and TT User Setup Overview
- Setting Up a TT FIX Adapter Server (non-X_TRADER ASP)
- SettingUp a FIX Adapter Client User
- Setting Up an AccountDefault
- FIX Adapter Account Defaults MiFID II
- Assigning TT FIX Adapter Client(s) to a FIX Adapter Server
- Allowing or Blocking Product Groups for a FIX Adapter User
- User Maintenance
- Gateway Login Administration Basics
Creating Gateway Logins
- Creating a New Gateway Login
- Assigning the MemberGroupTrader ID
- Disabling Start-of-Day Records
- Assigning Gateways to Gateway Logins
- Mapping a TTORD to an Exchange Trader
- Adding Gateways to Existing TTORDs
- Assigning Accounts
- Configuring Risk
- AssigningUsers to a Gateway Login
- Editing a User's Gateway Login Attributes
- Assigning Gateways to Multiple Gateway Logins
- Account Group Administration
- Account Administration
- Order Passing Group Administration (X_TRADER ASP)
- Gateway Login Risk Administration
Account And Account Group Risk Administration
- Adding Account-Level Risk Checking
- Adding Account Group-Level Risk Checking
- Creating Product Limits for Accounts and Account Groups
- Enabling Duplicate Order Check for Accounts and Account Groups
- Creating Contract Level Overrides
- Contract Limits Overview
- Creating Margin Limits for Accounts and Account Groups
- Applying Account-BasedRisk to Wholesale Trades
- Configuring Wholesale Order Overrides
- Copying Product Limits to Additional Accounts or Account Groups
- Copying Account-Based Product Limits to Additional Gateways
- Copying MGT-based Product Limits to Account-Based Product Limits
- User Level Risk Checking
- User Group Administration
- Publishing To Guardian
- Disabling Trading for a Trading Environment
- Collecting Log Files
- Using Version Control Rules
- Resetting the Guardian Exchange Tree (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Editing the Currency Exchange Rates
- Adding and Deleting Currencies
- Editing Product Margins
- Viewing and Clearing Product Margin Conflicts
- Viewing and Publishing Licenses
- Migrating Users to a New Gateway
- Understanding Server Messages
- System Settings
- Enabling Two-factor Authentication
- How to Setup a New User Who Will Trade Using a TTORD Gateway Login
- How to Map an Additional Gateway Login to an Existing TTORD User
- How to Set Up an Administrator Who Uses Both X_RISK and TT User Setup
- How to Set Up a Third-party Risk Administrator
- How to Create a New User by Copying an Existing User
- How to Assign Existing Product Limits to Other Gateway Login IDs Simultaneously
- How to Change Multiple Product Limit Values Simultaneously
- How to Set Up Customer Defaults
- How to Update Customer Defaults Across Multiple Users Simultaneously
- How to Change the Message Users Receive When Their Logins Fail
- How to Use Wildcard Characters in Filters
- How to Set Up a Tiered Administrator
- How to Set Up a Drop Copy TT FIX Adapter Server and Corresponding FIX Adapter Clients
- How to Set Up an Order Routing TT FIX Adapter Server and Corresponding FIX Adapter Clients
- How to Set up a User for Autospreader SE or Synthetic SE
- Creating TT SIM Credit Limits and Product Limits
You are viewing TT User Setup Version 7.17 and higher. For earlier versions, click here
Create accounts from the Accounts window. You can also assign product and margin limits to an account, or disable trading for an account.
Note: To assign an account to an account group refer to the Assigning One or More Accounts to an Account Group topic.
To create a new account:
- From the User Admin menu, select Accounts.
- From the Accounts window, click New.
- In the New Account window, enter the new account name into the Account name field, enter a description into the Account description field, and if the account belongs to an existing account group, select the account group from the Account Group drop-down.
- Configure the product limits as described in the Creating Product Limits for Accounts and Account Groups topic. When you are ready for the product limits to be applied, check the Enable product limits option. No account or account group risk checking will take place until this option is enabled.
- If you want to exclude wholesale orders from account-based risk checks for this account, uncheck the Apply limits to wholesale orders option. By default, the limits applied to this account also apply to wholesale trades.
To allow users with this account to trade, check the Trading allowed option. To reject trades submitted with this account number, uncheck the Trading allowed option.
Note: Users logging in with Gateway Logins that end in MGR (e.g., TTADM XXX MGR) can delete orders, regardless of whether or not “Trading allowed” is checked for a given account.
- Select an Avoid orders that cross setting from the drop down for this account:
- Yes - Reject new (recommended setting)
Note: As of 7.17.20, Cancel resting is no longer supported. For prior releases, TT recommends that you do not use the Cancel resting setting at the account level in conjunction with Cancel resting at the user level
If you select to avoid orders that cross at the account-level, only orders with the same account number are prevented. At the account group level, crossing is prevented for orders that each have accounts within that group.
Note: If Avoid orders that cross is set at the user-level, that setting takes precedence over the account-level setting.
For more details about these settings, refer to Avoid Orders That Cross (Account-level) .
- Configure any gateway-specific margin limits as described in the Creating Margin Limits for Accounts and Account Groups topic.
- If needed in a non-X_TRADER ASP environment, you can permission an account for use within one or more specific user groups.
Click the Group Permissions tab.
- Use the transfer buttons (<,<<,>>,>) to select users from the Available User Groups list and add them to the Account permitted in the following User Groups list.
- If the group does not exist, click Create.
- Click Save.
- To assign risk limits to the account group refer to the Adding Account Group-Level Risk Checking topic.
You have successfully created a new account group.
Note: To prevent users from using accounts that have not been defined in TT User Setup, make sure the Submitting orders with undefined accounts allowed option is unchecked (the default setting). To configure this setting, refer to the Setting Trade Permissions topic.
Note: To only allow an X_RISK administrator to publish manual fills or start-of-day records to accounts within specified user groups, configure the Restrict X_RISK administrator to publishing... option. To configure this setting, refer to the Applying X_RISK Permissions topic.
Avoid Orders That Cross (Account-level)
When configured at the account-level, this setting determines the default behavior for orders that cross within an account and between accounts within an account group. Order quantities and position in queue are not considered.
If set to Yes – Reject New, the working Limit or native Iceberg order is canceled and replaced with the new order.If set to No, the Avoid orders that cross setting is not enforced.
Note: As of 7.17.20, Cancel resting is no longer supported. For prior releases, TT recommends that you do not use the Cancel resting setting at the account level in conjunction with Cancel resting at the user level.
For a description of each option or to configure AOTC at the user-level, refer to New User and Edit User Window Fields .
All other exchange-supported order types and restrictions are not impacted in addition to the following:
- Held orders
- Deleted orders
- Go To Market orders
- Stops that have not been triggered
- Timed orders still in “Waiting” state
- Synthetic held hedge orders
- Position Reserve orders
- Synthetic SE or Staged orders