TT User Setup Documentation
- Getting Started
- User Administration Basics
User Administration: Administrative Users
- Creating and Editing Administrative Users
- Creating a Super Administrator
- Creating a Broker Administrator - X_TRADER ASP
- Allowing Buy-side Administrators to Manage Product Limits (X_TRADER ASP)
- Creating a Group Administrator (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Creating a Gateway Login Administrator (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Creating a Password Administrator (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Creating a View Only User
- Creating a Collect Log Files Only User
- Configuring the Outgoing Email Settings
User Administration: X TRADER® Or X RISK® Users
- Creating and Editing X_TRADER or X_RISK Users
- Applying Basic User Properties
- Customizing Billing Data for a User - X_TRADER ASP only
- Configuring User Risk Settings for a User
- Setting Application Permissions
- SettingTrade Permissions
- Creating and Managing X_TRADER Customer Defaults
- Customer Defaults and Algo Defaults MiFID II
- Allowingor Blocking Product Groups for Specific Markets
- Applying X_RISK Permissions
- Creating a New Gateway Login through the Users Window
- Generating a Gateway Login for all Gateways
- Assigning Gateway Logins to a User Through the Users Window
- Setting Account Permissions
User Administration: FIX Adapter
- TT FIX Adapter and TT User Setup Overview
- Setting Up a TT FIX Adapter Server (non-X_TRADER ASP)
- SettingUp a FIX Adapter Client User
- Setting Up an AccountDefault
- FIX Adapter Account Defaults MiFID II
- Assigning TT FIX Adapter Client(s) to a FIX Adapter Server
- Allowing or Blocking Product Groups for a FIX Adapter User
- User Maintenance
- Gateway Login Administration Basics
Creating Gateway Logins
- Creating a New Gateway Login
- Assigning the MemberGroupTrader ID
- Disabling Start-of-Day Records
- Assigning Gateways to Gateway Logins
- Mapping a TTORD to an Exchange Trader
- Adding Gateways to Existing TTORDs
- Assigning Accounts
- Configuring Risk
- AssigningUsers to a Gateway Login
- Editing a User's Gateway Login Attributes
- Assigning Gateways to Multiple Gateway Logins
- Account Group Administration
- Account Administration
- Order Passing Group Administration (X_TRADER ASP)
- Gateway Login Risk Administration
Account And Account Group Risk Administration
- Adding Account-Level Risk Checking
- Adding Account Group-Level Risk Checking
- Creating Product Limits for Accounts and Account Groups
- Enabling Duplicate Order Check for Accounts and Account Groups
- Creating Contract Level Overrides
- Contract Limits Overview
- Creating Margin Limits for Accounts and Account Groups
- Applying Account-BasedRisk to Wholesale Trades
- Configuring Wholesale Order Overrides
- Copying Product Limits to Additional Accounts or Account Groups
- Copying Account-Based Product Limits to Additional Gateways
- Copying MGT-based Product Limits to Account-Based Product Limits
- User Level Risk Checking
- User Group Administration
- Publishing To Guardian
- Disabling Trading for a Trading Environment
- Collecting Log Files
- Using Version Control Rules
- Resetting the Guardian Exchange Tree (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Editing the Currency Exchange Rates
- Adding and Deleting Currencies
- Editing Product Margins
- Viewing and Clearing Product Margin Conflicts
- Viewing and Publishing Licenses
- Migrating Users to a New Gateway
- Understanding Server Messages
- System Settings
- Enabling Two-factor Authentication
- How to Setup a New User Who Will Trade Using a TTORD Gateway Login
- How to Map an Additional Gateway Login to an Existing TTORD User
- How to Set Up an Administrator Who Uses Both X_RISK and TT User Setup
- How to Set Up a Third-party Risk Administrator
- How to Create a New User by Copying an Existing User
- How to Assign Existing Product Limits to Other Gateway Login IDs Simultaneously
- How to Change Multiple Product Limit Values Simultaneously
- How to Set Up Customer Defaults
- How to Update Customer Defaults Across Multiple Users Simultaneously
- How to Change the Message Users Receive When Their Logins Fail
- How to Use Wildcard Characters in Filters
- How to Set Up a Tiered Administrator
- How to Set Up a Drop Copy TT FIX Adapter Server and Corresponding FIX Adapter Clients
- How to Set Up an Order Routing TT FIX Adapter Server and Corresponding FIX Adapter Clients
- How to Set up a User for Autospreader SE or Synthetic SE
- Creating TT SIM Credit Limits and Product Limits
Assigning the MemberGroupTrader ID
You are viewing TT User Setup Version 7.17 and higher. For earlier versions, click here
A gateway login (MemberGroupTrader ID) is either an Exchange Trader ID or a TTORD ID.
- Exchange Trader ID: A login assigned in part by the exchange that indicates the user’s membership with the exchange. All traders need an exchange trader ID or must be associated with one to trade with an exchange.
- TTORD ID: A proxy login that allows multiple logins to be mapped to a single exchange membership. It also allows for more configurable order routing and risk limit setups.
Note: Member IDs must be unique in X_TRADER ASP. If you receive a message that another broker company is already using this Member, TT User Setup generates a tooltip with a list of suggested Member IDs to use instead. Please enter a different Member ID.
For more information about defining gateway logins, refer to the TT User Login and Risk Administration Reference Manual.
To assign the MemberGroupTrader ID...
- From the User Admin menu,
select Gateway Logins and
then click New.
Note: You can also create gateway logins from the New User or Edit User window. For more information refer to Creating a New Gateway Login through the Users Window
The New Gateway Login window appears. The Group Permissions tab is available only in non-X_TRADER ASP environments.
- Enter the appropriate ID data in the Member, Group, and Trader fields.
- To support multiple connections
to the same TT Gateway for this user, enter an Alias.
Note: TT recommends configuring an Alias to support multiple login connections to the same gateway. If the Alias field is blank, TT User Setup will generate a four-digit number to be displayed in X_TRADER in order to differentiate your connections on the same TT Gateway.
- When creating Direct Trader gateway logins on certain Gateways (e.g., Eurex, ICE, CBOT, and LIFFE), the Password and Confirm Password fields are enabled because they are required by the exchange. Enter the appropriate password in the fields.
- Click Save and Add New.
If adding a TTORD, the following window appears:
If you’ve upgraded the TT clients and gateways in your trading environment to 7.17, click Yes; you can use the Account Permissions window to restrict a TTORD from trading in certain accounts as needed. Otherwise, an account is required for the TTORD Gateway Login.
- Do one of the following:
- For exchange traders, continue to the Assigning Gateways to Gateway Logins topic.
- For TTORDs, continue to
a TTORD to an Exchange Trader topic.
Note: When you enter a TTORD in the Member field, the Map to Exchange Traders button appears automatically. Otherwise the Add Gateways button appears.