TT User Setup Documentation
- Getting Started
- User Administration Basics
User Administration: Administrative Users
- Creating and Editing Administrative Users
- Creating a Super Administrator
- Creating a Broker Administrator - X_TRADER ASP
- Allowing Buy-side Administrators to Manage Product Limits (X_TRADER ASP)
- Creating a Group Administrator (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Creating a Gateway Login Administrator (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Creating a Password Administrator (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Creating a View Only User
- Creating a Collect Log Files Only User
- Configuring the Outgoing Email Settings
User Administration: X TRADER® Or X RISK® Users
- Creating and Editing X_TRADER or X_RISK Users
- Applying Basic User Properties
- Customizing Billing Data for a User - X_TRADER ASP only
- Configuring User Risk Settings for a User
- Setting Application Permissions
- SettingTrade Permissions
- Creating and Managing X_TRADER Customer Defaults
- Customer Defaults and Algo Defaults MiFID II
- Allowingor Blocking Product Groups for Specific Markets
- Applying X_RISK Permissions
- Creating a New Gateway Login through the Users Window
- Generating a Gateway Login for all Gateways
- Assigning Gateway Logins to a User Through the Users Window
- Setting Account Permissions
User Administration: FIX Adapter
- TT FIX Adapter and TT User Setup Overview
- Setting Up a TT FIX Adapter Server (non-X_TRADER ASP)
- SettingUp a FIX Adapter Client User
- Setting Up an AccountDefault
- FIX Adapter Account Defaults MiFID II
- Assigning TT FIX Adapter Client(s) to a FIX Adapter Server
- Allowing or Blocking Product Groups for a FIX Adapter User
- User Maintenance
- Gateway Login Administration Basics
Creating Gateway Logins
- Creating a New Gateway Login
- Assigning the MemberGroupTrader ID
- Disabling Start-of-Day Records
- Assigning Gateways to Gateway Logins
- Mapping a TTORD to an Exchange Trader
- Adding Gateways to Existing TTORDs
- Assigning Accounts
- Configuring Risk
- AssigningUsers to a Gateway Login
- Editing a User's Gateway Login Attributes
- Assigning Gateways to Multiple Gateway Logins
- Account Group Administration
- Account Administration
- Order Passing Group Administration (X_TRADER ASP)
- Gateway Login Risk Administration
Account And Account Group Risk Administration
- Adding Account-Level Risk Checking
- Adding Account Group-Level Risk Checking
- Creating Product Limits for Accounts and Account Groups
- Enabling Duplicate Order Check for Accounts and Account Groups
- Creating Contract Level Overrides
- Contract Limits Overview
- Creating Margin Limits for Accounts and Account Groups
- Applying Account-BasedRisk to Wholesale Trades
- Configuring Wholesale Order Overrides
- Copying Product Limits to Additional Accounts or Account Groups
- Copying Account-Based Product Limits to Additional Gateways
- Copying MGT-based Product Limits to Account-Based Product Limits
- User Level Risk Checking
- User Group Administration
- Publishing To Guardian
- Disabling Trading for a Trading Environment
- Collecting Log Files
- Using Version Control Rules
- Resetting the Guardian Exchange Tree (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Editing the Currency Exchange Rates
- Adding and Deleting Currencies
- Editing Product Margins
- Viewing and Clearing Product Margin Conflicts
- Viewing and Publishing Licenses
- Migrating Users to a New Gateway
- Understanding Server Messages
- System Settings
- Enabling Two-factor Authentication
- How to Setup a New User Who Will Trade Using a TTORD Gateway Login
- How to Map an Additional Gateway Login to an Existing TTORD User
- How to Set Up an Administrator Who Uses Both X_RISK and TT User Setup
- How to Set Up a Third-party Risk Administrator
- How to Create a New User by Copying an Existing User
- How to Assign Existing Product Limits to Other Gateway Login IDs Simultaneously
- How to Change Multiple Product Limit Values Simultaneously
- How to Set Up Customer Defaults
- How to Update Customer Defaults Across Multiple Users Simultaneously
- How to Change the Message Users Receive When Their Logins Fail
- How to Use Wildcard Characters in Filters
- How to Set Up a Tiered Administrator
- How to Set Up a Drop Copy TT FIX Adapter Server and Corresponding FIX Adapter Clients
- How to Set Up an Order Routing TT FIX Adapter Server and Corresponding FIX Adapter Clients
- How to Set up a User for Autospreader SE or Synthetic SE
- Creating TT SIM Credit Limits and Product Limits
Using the Menu Options
You are viewing TT User Setup Version 7.17 and higher. For earlier versions, click here
Use the Menu bar to access various TT User Setup functions and windows.
Note: TT User Setup permits only one primary window to be open at any given time. For example, if you have a Users window open and you want to access the Gateway Logins window, you must first close the Users window. TT User Setup disables certain Control Panel and Menu options when a primary window is open.
Note: Use the Find Control Panel option (available on most right-click menus) to bring the control panel into focus. This is useful when other screens have overlapped the control panel.
The following is a list of menu options:
Use the File menu to access login and logout features.
The options available from the File menu include:
Option Function Login Opens the TT Login window. Logout Logs you out of TT User Setup without closing the application. The Login, Server Messages, and Server Status options remain available. Publish to Guardian Not used, but is available in case TT User Setup and Guardian become out of sync. Exit Closes the TT User Setup client.
Use the User Admin menu to perform user and gateway login setup functions.
The options available from the User Admin menu include:
Option Function Users Opens the Users window, which allows you to create and manage users. Gateway Logins
Opens the Gateway Logins window, which allows you to manage and create gateway logins. Gateway logins are the MemberGroupTrader IDs used to log into TT Gateways. Each gateway login can have different account numbers and risk limits.
For a more complete list of gateway login functionality, refer to the topics in the Gateway Logins section of this Help system.
Accounts Opens the Accounts window, which allows you to create and edit account numbers, assign accounts to an account group, and to edit account groups. Once you create an account, you can configure account-based risk. Product Limits Opens the Product Limits window, which allows you to view and edit all product limits across all traders. Contract Limits Opens the Contract Limits window, which allows you to view and edit risk limits for specific contracts per product. X_TRADER Customer Defaults Opens the Customer Defaults window, which allows you to configure customer defaults for X_TRADER users. Customer defaults determine order parameters, such as account number, that are to be applied to a trader's order. Product Group Permissions Opens the Product Group Permissions window, which allows you to allow or block user access to individual product groups in supported markets. Users' Gateway Login Attributes Opens the Users' Gateway Login Attributes window, which allows you to edit specific login attributes such as Auto Login and Available to User across all users. User Groups Opens the User Groups window, which allows you to create and edit user groups. You can configure TT User Setup Administrators to manage one, multiple, or all user groups. Account Groups Opens the Account Groups window, which allows you to create and edit account groups. Once you create an account group you can assign accounts to the group and configure account-group based risk. FIX Adapter Account Defaults Opens the Account Default List window, which allows you to create order values used by TT FIX Adapter when sending orders. Unlock Users/Reset Passwords Opens the Unlock Users/Reset Passwords window, which allows you to unlock any locked out users, as well as reset their passwords. Diagnostic Checks Opens the Diagnostic Checks window, which allows you to check for potential setup issues in the database.
Use the Server Admin menu to configure the system settings, manage version rules, and collect log files.
The options available from the Server Admin menu include:
Option Function System Settings Opens the System Settings window, which allows you to enable and set specific password rules and login properties, enable and disable automatic diagnostic checks, and configure the X_STUDY/FMDS settings. Version Rules Opens the Version Rules window, which allows you to create rules that allow or prevent users from logging in with specified versions of X_TRADER or X_RISK. Collect Log Files Opens the Collect Log Files window, which allows an administrator to collect remote log files. Reset Exchange Tree Resets the Guardian exchange tree for all Guardians in the environment. This removes any exchanges and IP addresses where there are no running services. Companies Opens the Companies window, which displays a view-only list of companies associated with the Broker. Currency Exchange Rates Opens the Currency Exchange Rates window, which allows you to edit the exchange rates listed in Guardian. These exchange rates are used in P&L and risk calculations.
Note: If you use TT User Setup to edit the currency exchange rates, do not edit currency rates with Guardian
Add/Remove Currencies Opens the Currencies window, which allows you to add currencies, delete currencies, and to set the primary currency. Product Margins Opens the Product Margins window, which allows you to edit product margins for available products and publish the changes to Guardian. License Setup Opens the License Setup window, which allows you to view the current environment license file, view other LMT files, and to publish the license to Guardian. Migrate Users to New Gateway
Opens the Migrate Users to New Gateway window that allows you to migrate users to a new gateway, based on how they are configured for a current gateway. You can select whether or not to copy the source gateway's Gateway Login, FIX client, and automatic and mandatory login settings.
Lock Gateways A TT Administrator has the ability to mark gateways and SE servers as unavailable for assignment to users. Once a servers is locked, broker administrators cannot assign the locked server to any user (i.e., check the ‘Available to User’, Auto-login’, or Available to FIX Client’ checkboxes) until the server is unlocked.
Note: This functionality provides TT NET with the ability to load balance servers.
Use the Reports menu to access user and server reports.
The options available from the Reports menu include:
Options Function Logged in Users Opens Logged in Users window, which allows you to view all users currently logged in and connected to TT servers. Audit Trail Opens the Audit Trail window, which tracks updates made to the data in TT User Setup. Run Reports Opens the Reports window, from which you can generate various reports that display user and system information. Server Messages Opens the Server Messages window, which allows you to monitor all TT User Setup server activity. TT User Setup Servers Opens the TT User Setup Servers window, which allows you monitor the status of each TT User Setup Server. Environment Server Status Opens the Environment Server Status window, which shows whether the servers in your environment are active. ICE Product Groups Report Creates an ICE Product Groups report that ICE uses to verify that only the allowed users can access market data for the specified product groups.
Use the Help menu to access the Help System and version information.
The options available from the Help menu include:
Option Function Help Topics Accesses the TT User Setup Help Library. What's New Accesses the What's New topic of the help system. TT Remote Help Center Launches a browser directed to the TT Remote Help Center. Feature Compatibility Matrix Launches a browser directed to the TT User Setup Feature and Product Compatibility table. About TT User Setup Displays the version and copyright information for TT User Setup.