TT User Setup Documentation
- Getting Started
- User Administration Basics
User Administration: Administrative Users
- Creating and Editing Administrative Users
- Creating a Super Administrator
- Creating a Broker Administrator - X_TRADER ASP
- Allowing Buy-side Administrators to Manage Product Limits (X_TRADER ASP)
- Creating a Group Administrator (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Creating a Gateway Login Administrator (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Creating a Password Administrator (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Creating a View Only User
- Creating a Collect Log Files Only User
- Configuring the Outgoing Email Settings
User Administration: X TRADER® Or X RISK® Users
- Creating and Editing X_TRADER or X_RISK Users
- Applying Basic User Properties
- Customizing Billing Data for a User - X_TRADER ASP only
- Configuring User Risk Settings for a User
- Setting Application Permissions
- SettingTrade Permissions
- Creating and Managing X_TRADER Customer Defaults
- Customer Defaults and Algo Defaults MiFID II
- Allowingor Blocking Product Groups for Specific Markets
- Applying X_RISK Permissions
- Creating a New Gateway Login through the Users Window
- Generating a Gateway Login for all Gateways
- Assigning Gateway Logins to a User Through the Users Window
- Setting Account Permissions
User Administration: FIX Adapter
- TT FIX Adapter and TT User Setup Overview
- Setting Up a TT FIX Adapter Server (non-X_TRADER ASP)
- SettingUp a FIX Adapter Client User
- Setting Up an AccountDefault
- FIX Adapter Account Defaults MiFID II
- Assigning TT FIX Adapter Client(s) to a FIX Adapter Server
- Allowing or Blocking Product Groups for a FIX Adapter User
- User Maintenance
- Gateway Login Administration Basics
Creating Gateway Logins
- Creating a New Gateway Login
- Assigning the MemberGroupTrader ID
- Disabling Start-of-Day Records
- Assigning Gateways to Gateway Logins
- Mapping a TTORD to an Exchange Trader
- Adding Gateways to Existing TTORDs
- Assigning Accounts
- Configuring Risk
- AssigningUsers to a Gateway Login
- Editing a User's Gateway Login Attributes
- Assigning Gateways to Multiple Gateway Logins
- Account Group Administration
- Account Administration
- Order Passing Group Administration (X_TRADER ASP)
- Gateway Login Risk Administration
Account And Account Group Risk Administration
- Adding Account-Level Risk Checking
- Adding Account Group-Level Risk Checking
- Creating Product Limits for Accounts and Account Groups
- Enabling Duplicate Order Check for Accounts and Account Groups
- Creating Contract Level Overrides
- Contract Limits Overview
- Creating Margin Limits for Accounts and Account Groups
- Applying Account-BasedRisk to Wholesale Trades
- Configuring Wholesale Order Overrides
- Copying Product Limits to Additional Accounts or Account Groups
- Copying Account-Based Product Limits to Additional Gateways
- Copying MGT-based Product Limits to Account-Based Product Limits
- User Level Risk Checking
- User Group Administration
- Publishing To Guardian
- Disabling Trading for a Trading Environment
- Collecting Log Files
- Using Version Control Rules
- Resetting the Guardian Exchange Tree (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Editing the Currency Exchange Rates
- Adding and Deleting Currencies
- Editing Product Margins
- Viewing and Clearing Product Margin Conflicts
- Viewing and Publishing Licenses
- Migrating Users to a New Gateway
- Understanding Server Messages
- System Settings
- Enabling Two-factor Authentication
- How to Setup a New User Who Will Trade Using a TTORD Gateway Login
- How to Map an Additional Gateway Login to an Existing TTORD User
- How to Set Up an Administrator Who Uses Both X_RISK and TT User Setup
- How to Set Up a Third-party Risk Administrator
- How to Create a New User by Copying an Existing User
- How to Assign Existing Product Limits to Other Gateway Login IDs Simultaneously
- How to Change Multiple Product Limit Values Simultaneously
- How to Set Up Customer Defaults
- How to Update Customer Defaults Across Multiple Users Simultaneously
- How to Change the Message Users Receive When Their Logins Fail
- How to Use Wildcard Characters in Filters
- How to Set Up a Tiered Administrator
- How to Set Up a Drop Copy TT FIX Adapter Server and Corresponding FIX Adapter Clients
- How to Set Up an Order Routing TT FIX Adapter Server and Corresponding FIX Adapter Clients
- How to Set up a User for Autospreader SE or Synthetic SE
- Creating TT SIM Credit Limits and Product Limits
How to Create a New User by Copying an Existing User
You are viewing TT User Setup Version 7.17 and higher. For earlier versions, click here
In this tutorial you will learn to create a new user (Matt), whose setup is similar to a user who has already been created (Brenda). While creating the new user, you will incorporate TT User Setup's copying features to duplicate elements of Brenda's setup and apply them to Matt's setup.
To use the copy function to create a user who has a similar setup to an existing user...
- Select (Users) from the TT User Setup
The Users window appears.
Highlight the desired row(e.g., BTAYLOR), and click Copy.
The Copy User - Options window appears. Any options that are not available for the currently selected user are disabled. For example, BTAYLOR does not have any direct trader or admin gateway logins.
For this tutorial, select the following options:
- Select Copy TTORD Gateway Logins.
- Select Create a new TTORD... to copy TTORD Gateway Logins as a new TTORD.
- Enter a new Member (TTORDJS) Group (001) and Trader (002). Because Matt has the same Member and Group as Brenda, they will share an order book.
- Enter an account number of TT111_b (Optional).
Note: Beginning with TT User Setup version 7.17, account information is no longer required for gateway logins. However, accounts are required for TTORDs if applicable clients, servers, and gateways have not been upgraded to a minimum of version 7.17.
- Select Copy Customer Defaults.
Click Continue Copy.
The New User window appears and is populated with most of the data from the BTAYLOR profile. Notice, however, that the Gateway Logins have the TTORDJS 001 002 MGT but the same gateways and product limits as the gateways in the BTAYLOR profile. If you edit the Gateway Logins you will also see that the account number is TT111_b.
Click the Customer Defaults tab. As requested, TT User Setup copied all of Brenda's customer defaults. However, you will need to update the account numbers to ones assigned to Matt.
- Click Replace Account Numbers.
The Replace Account Numbers window appears.
Configure the account replacement rules to determine how the existing account numbers will be replaced.
- In the Step1 section, check Remote characters and set the options to The first 1 characters.
- In the Step 2 section, check Add characters, At end, and then enter b into the Characters to add field.
Click Review Changes.
The Review Account Number Changes window appears.
Click Apply Changes.
The account numbers are replaced.
On the New Users Login tab, assign Matt a new Username and Display Name, edit any other applicable fields, and click Save.
- From the New User window, click Contact
Information and add contact information.
Note: In X_TRADER ASP, Country and Email are required fields. If you set Country to United States, you must set a zip code.
- Click Save.
You have successfully copied a user.