TT User Setup Documentation
- Getting Started
- User Administration Basics
User Administration: Administrative Users
- Creating and Editing Administrative Users
- Creating a Super Administrator
- Creating a Broker Administrator - X_TRADER ASP
- Allowing Buy-side Administrators to Manage Product Limits (X_TRADER ASP)
- Creating a Group Administrator (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Creating a Gateway Login Administrator (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Creating a Password Administrator (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Creating a View Only User
- Creating a Collect Log Files Only User
- Configuring the Outgoing Email Settings
User Administration: X TRADER® Or X RISK® Users
- Creating and Editing X_TRADER or X_RISK Users
- Applying Basic User Properties
- Customizing Billing Data for a User - X_TRADER ASP only
- Configuring User Risk Settings for a User
- Setting Application Permissions
- SettingTrade Permissions
- Creating and Managing X_TRADER Customer Defaults
- Customer Defaults and Algo Defaults MiFID II
- Allowingor Blocking Product Groups for Specific Markets
- Applying X_RISK Permissions
- Creating a New Gateway Login through the Users Window
- Generating a Gateway Login for all Gateways
- Assigning Gateway Logins to a User Through the Users Window
- Setting Account Permissions
User Administration: FIX Adapter
- TT FIX Adapter and TT User Setup Overview
- Setting Up a TT FIX Adapter Server (non-X_TRADER ASP)
- SettingUp a FIX Adapter Client User
- Setting Up an AccountDefault
- FIX Adapter Account Defaults MiFID II
- Assigning TT FIX Adapter Client(s) to a FIX Adapter Server
- Allowing or Blocking Product Groups for a FIX Adapter User
- User Maintenance
- Gateway Login Administration Basics
Creating Gateway Logins
- Creating a New Gateway Login
- Assigning the MemberGroupTrader ID
- Disabling Start-of-Day Records
- Assigning Gateways to Gateway Logins
- Mapping a TTORD to an Exchange Trader
- Adding Gateways to Existing TTORDs
- Assigning Accounts
- Configuring Risk
- AssigningUsers to a Gateway Login
- Editing a User's Gateway Login Attributes
- Assigning Gateways to Multiple Gateway Logins
- Account Group Administration
- Account Administration
- Order Passing Group Administration (X_TRADER ASP)
- Gateway Login Risk Administration
Account And Account Group Risk Administration
- Adding Account-Level Risk Checking
- Adding Account Group-Level Risk Checking
- Creating Product Limits for Accounts and Account Groups
- Enabling Duplicate Order Check for Accounts and Account Groups
- Creating Contract Level Overrides
- Contract Limits Overview
- Creating Margin Limits for Accounts and Account Groups
- Applying Account-BasedRisk to Wholesale Trades
- Configuring Wholesale Order Overrides
- Copying Product Limits to Additional Accounts or Account Groups
- Copying Account-Based Product Limits to Additional Gateways
- Copying MGT-based Product Limits to Account-Based Product Limits
- User Level Risk Checking
- User Group Administration
- Publishing To Guardian
- Disabling Trading for a Trading Environment
- Collecting Log Files
- Using Version Control Rules
- Resetting the Guardian Exchange Tree (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Editing the Currency Exchange Rates
- Adding and Deleting Currencies
- Editing Product Margins
- Viewing and Clearing Product Margin Conflicts
- Viewing and Publishing Licenses
- Migrating Users to a New Gateway
- Understanding Server Messages
- System Settings
- Enabling Two-factor Authentication
- How to Setup a New User Who Will Trade Using a TTORD Gateway Login
- How to Map an Additional Gateway Login to an Existing TTORD User
- How to Set Up an Administrator Who Uses Both X_RISK and TT User Setup
- How to Set Up a Third-party Risk Administrator
- How to Create a New User by Copying an Existing User
- How to Assign Existing Product Limits to Other Gateway Login IDs Simultaneously
- How to Change Multiple Product Limit Values Simultaneously
- How to Set Up Customer Defaults
- How to Update Customer Defaults Across Multiple Users Simultaneously
- How to Change the Message Users Receive When Their Logins Fail
- How to Use Wildcard Characters in Filters
- How to Set Up a Tiered Administrator
- How to Set Up a Drop Copy TT FIX Adapter Server and Corresponding FIX Adapter Clients
- How to Set Up an Order Routing TT FIX Adapter Server and Corresponding FIX Adapter Clients
- How to Set up a User for Autospreader SE or Synthetic SE
- Creating TT SIM Credit Limits and Product Limits
How to Set Up a Third-party Risk Administrator
You are viewing TT User Setup Version 7.17 and higher. For earlier versions, click here
In this tutorial you will learn how to create an administrator that will only manage risk for a select group of TT Gateways. This is useful when you use a third-party's exchange credentials but do not want that third-party to create users, edit non-risk settings, or edit risk settings that do not belong to them.
Example: ABC Trading hosts two TT Gateways (CME-A and Eurex-A) and manages traders using TT User Setup. To provide traders access to an ICE Gateway, ABC Trading uses the credentials of a second company, XYZ Futures. Because XYZ Futures owns the ICE credentials, XYZ Futures administrators want to manage risk for any ICE trades. However, because the traders also trade CME and Eurex, ABC Trading administrators want to manage risk for any CME or Eurex trades, as well as all other aspects of the users' configuration. ABC Trading administrators also want to control which traders can trade on the XYZ Futures Gateways.
To satisfy these requirements, ABC Trading administrators will create a new TT User Setup group that contains only the ICE gateway logins. They will then assign the new group to an XYZ Futures Gateway Login administrator. When the XYZ Futures administrator logs in, he will be able to manage the gateway logins (which include all the risk limits) for the XYZ Futures Gateways. XYZ Futures administrators will not be able to assign these gateway logins to users. This will be done by ABC Trading.
Creating the Gateway Login Group
To create a group that contains only gateway logins...
- Log into TT User Setup as a super administrator.
- From the User Admin menu, select User Groups.
- From the User Groups window, click New.
- Create a new user group that will only be used for the third-party's gateway logins (e.g XYZFuturesRisk).
- If TT User Setup already contains some or all of the third-party gateway logins, you can assign them to this new user group by clicking Assign Gateway Logins and then selecting the available gateway logins. The third-party administrator will also be able to create new gateway logins as needed.
- Continue to the next section, Creating the Third-party Gateway Login Administrator.
Creating the Third-party Gateway Login Administrator
To create an administrator that can only manage gateway logins...
- Select (Users) from the TT User Setup Control Panel.
- From the Users window, click New.
- On the User Settings Login tab, enter the appropriate login data, including Username, and any additional data in the applicable fields.
- On Administrator Settings, select the Gateway Login Administration option. Leave Restrict Gateway Login Administrator to User Groups listed below checked.
- Move the third-party group you created in the previous section to the Can only manage Gateway Logins in the following User Groups section.
Click Saveand then click Close.
When the third-party gateway login administrator logs in, TT User Setup displays only the gateway logins that you assigned to the third-party gateway login group. The gateway login administrator can create new gateway logins, as long as they do not conflict with your current gateway logins. The gateway logins that the gateway login administrator creates cannot be used until you assign them to a trader.
Assigning Users to the Third-party Gateway Logins
To assign users to the third-party gateway logins you must log into TT User Setup as an administrator that can access both the third-party user group and the traders' user group(s). You can then access the Gateway Logins window and assign the gateway logins.